Cannot play anymore, code:net on all games

by AmiralMaurice

Original Post

Cannot play anymore, code:net on all games

★★★ Novice

Hello,

For the past 2 weeks, I would have to go through an average of 5 code:net and 1 code:wheel issues before being able to play a full game, but for the last three days I have not been able to last more than two minutes in a game before getting hit with a code:net error. I sometimes even get it during character selection.

I have rebooted my modem, checked with my ISP for issues on my network, tried port forwarding, and I still can't play.

Anyone have any idea ?

Message 1 of 15 (1,545 Views)

Re: Cannot play anymore, code:net on all games

★★★★ Guide
@AmiralMaurice Yes same here. The problem is the netcode the game uses about 1.1mbps over 5 times more than other battle royals. With that much data travelling per second there is going to be errors and packet loss which is proving to be true.

They need to reduce the amount of data the game needs or the problem won't solve itself.
Message 2 of 15 (1,520 Views)

Anonymous
@AmiralMaurice yeah disconnect ratio is like 1:2 in favor of code nets and leafs. It's out of hand. And even when you do get into the game it's laggier than usual.
Message 3 of 15 (1,511 Views)

★★★ Novice
@xcr762 I used to be able to play the damn game, but you're telling me my internet connection isn't enough to play this game anymore ?
Message 4 of 15 (1,496 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

CODE: LEAF/NET

First some context as to what these errors mean:

• code:leaf - the server never answered us when we asked it if we could connect

• code:net - we were on a server and it disappeared on us and stopped answering

Back at launch we had a few different things that would display an overly generic timeout error, and the problem was that it could mean 4 different things (only one of which was a true timeout). So we added 4 different error strings and put random words in each one so that we could differentiate them both at the customer support level and also on our error tracking backends.

In our 1.2 patch, users started getting this more often. The consistent report is that it happens after an extended time on the Kings Canyon load screen just after a match starts.

The vast majority of players reporting the error are getting code:leaf. This means the backend created a match, our servers successfully talked to one another, we sent users there, and the player never got an answer from that new server.

We then gathered enough data to prove that servers don't think clients are timing out, but clients think servers are timing out. That was a strange finding. We also verified that we aren’t launching matches that are partially full - so code:leaf seems to hit every single player on that match server, not just some players.

So we’ve been investigating a lot of situations that could be causing this and working our way through theories to see what it could be and steadily eliminating possibilities. In addition to the work ongoing on our end, we’ve also been working with Multiplay and data teams to gather more telemetry.

We’ll keep you all updated on progress as we continue to work on this.

Status

Message 5 of 15 (1,494 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PhazurR I understand the meaning of the error, what I don't understand is why it keeps happening on every game I attempt to play.
Message 6 of 15 (1,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@AmiralMaurice 

I posted the information so you can stop wasting time trying to resolve it on your end. It's on their end and they're working on it. I posted the ''status'' link on the bottom of my previous post if you want to keep an eye on it

Message 7 of 15 (1,481 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just to give an update, it got even worse. I now get code:net errors in the main menu and during character selection.

I don't even last long enough to land ingame anymore.

Message 8 of 15 (1,435 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@AmiralMaurice They need to rewrite the net code clearly the current net code is causing trouble for thousands of people for every one person complaining here there is probably100 that aren't and will just stop playing.

The game needs way too much upload bandwidth
Message 9 of 15 (1,430 Views)

★ Guide

Code:net is getting out of hands.

Especially when it happen during matches and one loses entry points in ranked.

Not acceptable.

Message 10 of 15 (1,415 Views)