Cannot make it past the title screen, Battlefield V, Xbox One

by peace9love9hope

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot make it past the title screen, Battlefield V, Xbox One

★★★ Newbie

I cannot make it past the title screen with my profile. If I log into the game using another profile, it works. But my account will not make it past the title screen. It just sits there on the title screen after I press "a" to use my profile.

Message 1 of 7 (822 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot make it past the title screen, Battlefield V, Xbox One

★★ Novice

Thank you @EA_Atic ! I think this works!

It is not called "cloud saves" in the xbox. I search for "deleting cloud saves" and found other reference to the procedure

Start the game

once at title screen I push xbox button to bring up console menu, went down to BFV and select button with three lines, then went to "manage game & add-ons"

Then down to "Saved data"
Then instead of deleting the "reserved space" that is for BFV (I already tried deleting this)

I delete the username data that is with my Xbox live name, making sure to select "Delete everywhere" as this is what gets rid of what you refer to as "cloud saves"

Then when I went back into the game it was as if it was new, and started me out in intro for when you first install the game. 

i am now in multiplayer so it works!

on the downside all of my settings were reset, so now I have to reset everything and re-do all my classes.

my progression however is still there. Thanks!

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (747 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

PLEASE- this needs to be addressed! 

I cannot make it past "press a to use profile" title screen!

After I press it just freezes the music, then exits to the Xbox main screen. 

EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to play the game

There are no error messages. 

I have tried everything even the "power cycle" solution, this does nothing. even reinstalling the game/patch/user ID on my xbox did nothing. 

What else can be wrong? How is this not like me opening fresh game and installing it from disc? 

Last time I play was before Thursday. I even played for one time with the new guns. (never new maps).

Since new maps I have not been able to get past title screen. 

I have always been loyal to these games but I think that this franchise has patched itself out of existence. time to shop around for competitor.

You have thread about "known xbox issues" well recognize this issue.

Message 2 of 7 (787 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @pmszl9i4l4b2  @peace9love9hope  can you clear the local and cloud saves for Battlefield V (this wont remove your multiplayer progression). 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 7 (757 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you @EA_Atic ! I think this works!

It is not called "cloud saves" in the xbox. I search for "deleting cloud saves" and found other reference to the procedure

Start the game

once at title screen I push xbox button to bring up console menu, went down to BFV and select button with three lines, then went to "manage game & add-ons"

Then down to "Saved data"
Then instead of deleting the "reserved space" that is for BFV (I already tried deleting this)

I delete the username data that is with my Xbox live name, making sure to select "Delete everywhere" as this is what gets rid of what you refer to as "cloud saves"

Then when I went back into the game it was as if it was new, and started me out in intro for when you first install the game. 

i am now in multiplayer so it works!

on the downside all of my settings were reset, so now I have to reset everything and re-do all my classes.

my progression however is still there. Thanks!

Message 4 of 7 (748 Views)

EA DICE Team

Awesome to hear! @pmszl9i4l4b2  And thank you for the rundown. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 7 (715 Views)

★ Novice

How do I do this on PC? I'm having the exact same issue. Can't load into the game at all past menu.

Message 6 of 7 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@BNault normally issues with read and write from windows with the document folder for Battlefield V.

/Atic

Message 7 of 7 (648 Views)