Re: Cannot login on a new phone

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot login on a new phone

★★★ Newbie

So I got my phone stolen and fortunately, I got a hold of a new one rather quickly.

I back up my iPhone every 3 months, so it's not the end of the world. 

I've set everything else up and I have to log in on various apps and websites. All good. Until I tried to log in on SWGOH.

So when I open the app it says "Welcome 'game center name'", but then it starts the introduction video. Okay, I thought, I'll just press the "I have an account" button. 

Not one option works. Neither the AppleID nor the Facebook.

The AppleID tells Me to log in on the old device first, so that's out of the question. Now I've tried the Facebook one, but this just gives Me a generic error code "Something unexpected happened"

I've been in dialogue with the support chat twice and they couldn't help Me. One of the referred me to the Forums so a community manager might have the power to help. I've played through the tutorial. I've reinstalled it. Tried different AppleIDs. Restarted my phone multiple times. NOTHING WORKS.

Does anyone know what I could do?

Message 1 of 5 (1,167 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi @jedinpm (& @SilasMisel sorry, didn't spot our post at the time, hopefully you got sorted since but if not...)

Our support team can help you out if you can have this information on hand from the lost account: 

^ They will need those details to pull up the account and help you get sorted on the new device. Without that information, their hands will be tied. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (556 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Can anyone help me on this issue as well.

A new phone and i can't access my old account?

Happy to provide my in-game name and details if someone from EA can help please Standard smile

Message 2 of 5 (578 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi @jedinpm (& @SilasMisel sorry, didn't spot our post at the time, hopefully you got sorted since but if not...)

Our support team can help you out if you can have this information on hand from the lost account: 

^ They will need those details to pull up the account and help you get sorted on the new device. Without that information, their hands will be tied. 

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 5 (557 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem I got a new phone and have my account linked to my email and I thought my Facebook but I guess not. I have been playing for 6 yrs and don’t wanna lose my data pls help

Message 4 of 5 (468 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @connorreed501,

The advice I shared above applies to you too if you're running into the same issues. Please check out my comment and following the recommendations shared within it for more help with this.

- EA_Lanna

Message 5 of 5 (413 Views)