Re: Cannot log into game since the October 29th update

by CrumblingWorld

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot log into game since the October 29th update

★★★★ Novice

I have been unable to access the game since the October 29th update. It gives me an error screen, saying to restart or contact. I’ve tried to restart multiple times and have submitted a help request which is ticket #67597802. I have been playing on an android phone, a Samsung S7. Since I cannot log into the game I cannot get my ally code. This evening I found my old Samsung S5, downloaded the latest update and....I have the same error screen. I honestly do not know what to do at this point. Is this error just a Samsung one or is it happening to others on different devices?

Please help.

Message 1 of 12 (809 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

The only thing I did was uninstall and reinstall the game each day. I kept checking the google play store to see if there was a new update but didn’t see one. 

Once in the game I copied down my player ID and ally code, then I transferred my account to my iPhone.

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (686 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I’m hitting this as well on iOS. I uninstalled while going on vacation two weeks ago and now downloaded latest client and hitting error 9.0 (contact or restart). If I log out of Game Center then I can start doing the tutorial as a new account just fine. But login with Game Center and back to restart loop and can’t get past the title screen. 

I found my ally code on my swgoh profile: 689-982-361

Message 2 of 12 (786 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any progress? I don’t have an account on that so I can’t check mine...

i used to have a screenshot of mine but it’s been deleted. Having the game bound to your Google Play account should be sufficient but I guess not.

Message 3 of 12 (760 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any help here?

Message 4 of 12 (759 Views)

★★ Novice

No updates. Still cant login. I’ll open another support email but they have yet to reply to my first (four days ago!)

Message 5 of 12 (755 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @qix96 and @CrumblingWorld

Please do send in a Help ticket to the support team through your in-game accounts if you're still having trouble logging into your games. Use the exact steps outlined in this thread to ensure it is generated from your in-game account: How to contact support as the support team need the information that comes through with the help ticket when it comes from your SWGOH account. 

In the meantime, please read through the troubleshooting article for the mobile device you're playing from. The steps may help things: 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 12 (711 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Lanna I was able to access my account Monday.
Message 7 of 12 (708 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @CrumblingWorld,

That's great. Thanks for looping back in to let us know that. Can you share what you did that worked for you in getting back into your account? It might help others in a similar bind.

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 12 (689 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The only thing I did was uninstall and reinstall the game each day. I kept checking the google play store to see if there was a new update but didn’t see one. 

Once in the game I copied down my player ID and ally code, then I transferred my account to my iPhone.

Message 9 of 12 (687 Views)

Community Manager
Good move taking those down @CrumblingWorld. Try to keep your player ID and Ally code saved somewhere safe outside of the game just in case you'd ever need to provide them and can't log into the game to find them.

Cheers for sharing what did the trick for you. I'll mark your post as the solution so if another player runs into the same issue, they'll know how you worked it.

Message 10 of 12 (684 Views)