Re: Cannot install on ps4

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Cannot install on ps4

★ Novice

Hello everyone. I'm trying to install the game for the first time but I get an error "cannot install CE-34016-4" everytime. I'm on ps4 the game size is 44GB but the download is divided into 17GB(the amount to start the application) and the rest, everytime it downloads the 17GB I get this error, doesn't install the game and the download stops. It's only happening to this game, I've already done 3 times and keep getting the same error. 

Plataform: PS4, Region EU Portugal
Error: "Cannot install CE-34016-4"

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 13 (1,469 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @EdeBruno1

That error message usually points to a corrupted download. Are you trying to install the game to an external drive, or are you using the storage drive built into your PS4? Do you have any other downloads running at the same time? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 13 (1,399 Views)

★ Novice

Hello @EA_Kent

I'm installing the game in the storage built in the ps4, I don't have any external storage connected to the ps4.

For the first time I had 2 games downloading, the other one installed just fine but Apex gave that error. For the second time Apex was the only thing downloading and gave the exact same error. 

Message 3 of 13 (1,372 Views)

Community Manager

@EdeBruno1 

Got it, thanks!

When you have a chance can you try rebuilding the database on your PS4 to see if that has any effect? 

First, start up your PS4 in Safe Mode, then select the option to rebuild the database when the menu comes up. Let me know if that helps at all. 

Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 13 (1,360 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Kent  thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work, same outcome 

Message 5 of 13 (1,333 Views)

Community Manager

@EdeBruno1 

Thanks for giving it a shot. 

I'm wondering if there might be a connectivity issue that's preventing the download from installing correctly. Can we try running through some connection troubleshooting to see if that helps at all? 

A good place to start would be with the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. If you're still running into the same issue after that check out the PS4-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how it goes when you've got the chance. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 13 (1,307 Views)

★★ Novice
@EdeBruno1 was this ever solved?
Message 7 of 13 (1,209 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @filthycig

Are you running into this same error message? Can you let me know if you're trying to install the game on an external storage drive, or are you using the drive that's built into the console? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 13 (1,181 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent i ended up having to do a reintialize my console and delete everything.
Message 9 of 13 (1,167 Views)

Community Manager

@filthycig 

Were you able to finish installing the game after you reinitialized? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 13 (1,154 Views)