Re: Cannot get skin

by onlinebeard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot get skin

★★★ Newbie

Trying to get the tiger tank skin but snowing only 3 letters all done all letters please help

Message 1 of 3 (297 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@yolouu77u 

For PC you can try this:*

1. Documents->Battlefield V->settings - Move all files out to desktop,
  2. Disable Cloud Saves and start game,
  3. Do the mission,
  4. Close game and put files back.

*For PS4 you can try this:*

1. Export the game save files to an USB drive.
  2. Delete the game save files in the console.
  3. Start the game. You'll have to adjust contrast and play again the intro.
  4. Now, play the War Story and complete the bugged challenge. It will show correctly achieved.
  5. Close the game, and restore the game save files from the USB to the console.
  6. Start the game, and you'll have your reward at the armory.

*For Xbox it would similar:*

1. You would need to move the saved file from the Xbox to a USB stick,
  2. Clear local and cloud saves for BFV. (This wont remove multi player data)
  4. Now, play the War Story and complete the bugged challenge. It will show correctly achieved.
  5. lose the game, and restore the game save files from the USB to the console.

Best regards!

Manny
--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (295 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@yolouu77u 

For PC you can try this:*

1. Documents->Battlefield V->settings - Move all files out to desktop,
  2. Disable Cloud Saves and start game,
  3. Do the mission,
  4. Close game and put files back.

*For PS4 you can try this:*

1. Export the game save files to an USB drive.
  2. Delete the game save files in the console.
  5. Close the game, and restore the game save files from the USB to the console.

*For Xbox it would similar:*

1. You would need to move the saved file from the Xbox to a USB stick,
  2. Clear local and cloud saves for BFV. (This wont remove multi player data)
  5. lose the game, and restore the game save files from the USB to the console.

Best regards!

Manny
--------------- Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP if I provided you with assistance.

Message 2 of 3 (296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

For Xbox it is NOT similar!

You cannot backup or copy an Xbox One gamesave. You also cannot transfer a local save to an external drive or thumbstick as the only place a save will be stored is the internal drive automatically even if you keep the game(s) on an external harddrive. If you delete the local save the cloud save is automatically downloaded and used. Microsoft purposely put in these restrictions due to abuse on the 360.

The ONLY option is to delete the local and cloud saves and start over with zero progress in War Stories and hope that the locked challenge unlocks when you get back to that particular mission. However, any stats tracked online such as reward unlocks and multiplayer progress is not reset as they are not stored in the gamesave. Any controller or setting changes will have to be reset. In the meantime, you would have to go back and redo everything in War Stories for the in game menu to reflect that you have everything completed even if your Soldier Progress shows it completed. THIS IS NOT AN IDEAL SOLUTION! 

I had to do this when the original set of War Stories glitched out and I wasn't able to get the Achievement and Reward progress to update even though I completed every challenge. I had to go back and redo everything in order to get my gamesave to show my actual progress despite having already done everything 100% in game. 

Please stop copying and pasting this FALSE information on every single post about this bug. It DOES NOT apply to Xbox.

Message 3 of 3 (252 Views)