Re: Cannot get 'online' in Squadrons when game is launched from Steam. Login dea

by Mettanine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot get 'online' in Squadrons when game is launched from Steam. Login dead.

★★ Novice

Game is installed on Steam. When launched, it works fine and is easily playable, however, I cannot log in to my EA account through the game. If I ask it to 'reconnect' the login window is fixed in place and after a few moments accepts no prompts of any kind, meaning I cannot go online in the game.

I've tried reboots, windows mode etc. but nothing helps. The window is still stuck, and while I can write a few letters, they soon start marking all text, deleting what's written and then it eventually become unresponsive. Everything else works fine, keyboard and so on works perfectly everywhere else, just not in that window.

Win 10.

Message 1 of 7 (2,169 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot get 'online' in Squadrons when game is launched from Steam. Login dea

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I actually tried that. It pastes the e-mail just fine, but it doesn't accept tab or clicks to go to the next line.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (2,084 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
@chrbrahe work around I have seen work is copy paste the Email and then press tabb tro get to write in the email.

/Atic
Message 2 of 7 (2,097 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I actually tried that. It pastes the e-mail just fine, but it doesn't accept tab or clicks to go to the next line.
Message 3 of 7 (2,085 Views)

★★ Novice

I did (unrelated) a fresh windows install. The issue persisted but pasted the e-mail, wrote the pw fast and tab-entered, and it worked, so problem solved, but not solved. Those of you who have trouble with this, this can work, but EA really should fix it.

Message 4 of 7 (2,062 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The problem here is the "@".

When you enter that (by pressing AltGr + whatever key it is on your keyboard (Q for me)), it also activates CTRL for whatever reason. That's why pressing A selects everything, C and V similarly have no effect or paste whatever is in your buffer.

So to enter your email, you need to press CTRL once after entering the "@", to get the CTRL-key "unstuck". Then everything should go normally.

I wonder if this is only happening on european keyboards or whatever, because it should never have happened in the first place.

Message 5 of 7 (2,058 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Mettanine just played Star Wars: Squadron game. Many thanks for this. I am on Ubuntu 20.04 with a tweaked proton wine. No crashes, just pure action. This works beautifully with wine in Linux.
Message 6 of 7 (898 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Star Wars: Squadrons, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (740 Views)