Cannot fiend friend to cross play

by stonelord1

Original Post

Cannot fiend friend to cross play

★★★ Newbie

I am on Xbox and my friend is on PS. We cannot find each others name in the "friends finder"  menu. Do we do something wrong here? I see plenty cross platform gamers in the match, so guess it works, just not for us at the moment. Appreciate some guidance! :-)

Message 1 of 9 (668 Views)

Can’t add my Xbox friend on crossplay

★★★ Newbie

Im on PS4 and I’m trying to add my friend on Xbox, I type their username into “add friends” but their name doesn’t come up to add when I press search and the same happens on their end as well, they search my name and it doesn’t come up when they search

Message 2 of 9 (669 Views)

Re: Cannot fiend friend to cross play

Community Manager

Hey @stonelord1

If you haven't already be sure to double-check and make sure you've got the account name exactly as it appears on the account. I've seen some cases where there's a missing space or underscore, and things like that do need to be included in the search. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 9 (617 Views)

Re: Can’t add my Xbox friend on crossplay

★★★ Novice
@rattman091202 Im having a similar issue but my name shows up when they look me up but theirs doesn’t show up on mine and i don’t receive the invites that they are sending. I also made sure that I put in the correct username.
Message 4 of 9 (577 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @be9bp626

Thanks for the details!

Do you know if you or your friends are playing on accounts linked up with an underage EA Account? We've seen some cases where that might be related to some issues with cross-play, so I am curious if that might be a factor here as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 9 (560 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is what every EA worker says but the solution never works the same thing happens with me and i have gone to every website and video on the internet but nothing works and now im assuming that EA doesnt know how to fix it so i suggest u stop being lazy and saying just double check and actually do something about it

Message 6 of 9 (495 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been trying for weeks. We even tried to get in the same server to maybe get lucky and be teamed up. For hours one night. Going into and leaving matches. Ugh. This sucks.

Message 7 of 9 (476 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@be9bp626 Same
Message 8 of 9 (366 Views)

Community Manager

Since this is an older thread that was inactive for quite a while I am going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you need help with a similar issue please feel free to create a new thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (326 Views)