Highlighted

Cannot craft Nomad upgrade for The Task "Nomad Shield Crafting"

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Received a Task called "Task: Nomad Shield Crafting" which added a new development to the Nomand called "Improved Shield Regeneration", forgot the full name now. However even though I have materials required the game does not allow me to craft it. It just bounces when I press craft and it's still in the menu. Unsure if I'm missing something and you need to craft it at a specific place but it does just say "Research Station" in the task. I've crafted every other upgrade available and I just crafted the final other upgrade called superboost without any issue.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure of how to get to the problem again since it would require playing the game from before I got the Task.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

Received a Task called "Task: Nomad Shield Crafting" which added a new development to the Nomand called "Improved Shield Regeneration", forgot the full name now. However even though I have materials required the game does not allow me to craft it. It just bounces when I press craft and it's still in the menu. Unsure if I'm missing something and you need to craft it at a specific place but it does just say "Research Station" in the task.

I've crafted every other upgrade available and I just crafted the final other upgrade called superboost without any issue.

Message 1 of 211 (56,548 Views)

Re: Cannot craft Nomad upgrade for The Task "Nomad Shield Crafting"

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I might have figured this out...

I already have 50% shield regen in the nomad stats so perhaps I managed to craft it once before I got the task and then when I got the task it gave me the same plan again which I cannot craft again.

Message 2 of 211 (56,499 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have the same problem with the upgrade not registering for this task, but I know that I did not craft it prior to receiving the task. In my case the task simply failed to update at all once I had crafted the upgrade. There was also no change when I returned to the Nomad and got confirmation that the upgrade had been installed. The task did not change at all upon either event.

Message 3 of 211 (56,476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue but on PS4

Message 4 of 211 (56,440 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the problem that I crafted "improved shield regeneration" but no update to quest - I don't have any other nomad upgrades to craft that are relevant and task end not triggered - on PC.

Message 5 of 211 (56,393 Views)

★★ Novice
This exact thing may have happened as well. I've noticed that chest mods slot seems broke and so does liams crafting of armor quest too.
Message 6 of 211 (56,372 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, I click to craft it, but nothing happens. It doesn't really matter at the moment as after travelling through Elaaden, my NOMAD fried and no longer drives, it just smokes, with electricity arcing off it. NOMAD doesn't move one millimeter.

Message 7 of 211 (56,353 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

I have a 50% Shield Regeneration Rate: I got that when I crafted the  Nomad Shield Crafting, yet the quest has not been updated in any way, so I crafted it again after I saved, no change again to the quest. I believe the quest is broken.  I have yet another problem with another of the crafting quests: "Task: Outlaw Weapon Crafting": it shows completed, but in the "Completed Quests" section of the game, it stays constantly highlighted, this is very strange, considering the quest is finished....

Message 8 of 211 (55,518 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue here.

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install

I cannot craft the item. Nothing happens when I press "A" to craft so the item cannot be crafted and the task cannot be completed

Message 9 of 211 (55,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I actually crafted it, but nothing happened, the game still asks me to craft it. PC

Message 10 of 211 (55,005 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help