Re: Cannot connect to apex (steam)

by xpcypena

Original Post

Cannot connect to apex (steam)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I cannot connect to your servers apparently.

I start the game but it crashes without any error or any message, just crashes.

If I start the game without the internet it does not crash but I can't do anything. I want to know why it crashes when I am connecting to the servers. 

Why is that?

Note: the game worked before, on origin, on the same network, what changed is the PC which got better.

[Removed Document, Remember this is a public forum certain information cannot be posted]

Message 1 of 6 (1,051 Views)

Community Manager

@xpcypena Do you get any messages with the crash? When you linked steam to Origin to confirm did you use the same EA Account?

Also, can you share a DXDiag report from your device? 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (1,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Illium 

I am happy to tell you that i found the problem: (don't want to sound like a d**k but) you

Now to give more context Standard smile 

I played the game on my account before. I wanted to play the game on steam with my friends so I downloaded the game (on the first startup I linked this account to my steam account) and tried to play but on the loading screen where you have to click to advance it closes without any error message or anything, just disappears from processes. After that I wanted to see if the game runs on my origin account, surprise surprise, it does NOT.

EA help has given me 0 solutions.

What did I do? I created another account and tried the game there! and boom. the game works. this means that the problem is server-side meaning YOU, and I suspect is from the link between steam and origin. 

Since the game runs on the same hardware, same ISP but just a different account means I am covered, the problem is not ME.

Now please fix my account.

EDIT: as said I created a new account and I just linked it with my steam account and it works. so more of my suspicions cleared. the problem is my account. so what is the problem with my account? why cant I link it with steam to play games? i want to use my account not the temporary account that I created!

EDIT 2: Apex on this account does not work, even after unlink from steam. BF3 works. the problem is my account

Thanks

Message 3 of 6 (1,001 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Illium Can I get an update? I really can't play Apex!

Message 4 of 6 (914 Views)

Community Manager
@xpcypena Yes! There is an update today meant to address crashing report like the one you provided, can you download and let me know if the issue has cleared?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 6 (888 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello @EA_Illium 

It does not work !

I downloaded the game today and it still crashes.

Can you check if my account is ok? My apex account because I play on my origin account Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 2.

The issue is APEX only.

Looking forward for a fix !

Message 6 of 6 (823 Views)