Re: Cannot connect to EA servers

by SR_MightyCamper

Original Post

Community Manager

@m3dgeBTW 

What ISP are you using? Have you verified first whether it could be a local network outage in your region?

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 21 (924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_BlueberryIt is not a local network outage.. yesterday it started around 14.00 paris time, no one had no issues at anything else but logging into apex.

I'm currently using a VPN to connect to apex, some other danes on this forum has found a temp. solution to change the DNS.

My ISP is Kviknet.dk owned by Stofa - Syd Energi.

Message 12 of 21 (921 Views)

Message 13 of 21 (3,791 Views)

Message 14 of 21 (902 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue! Been going on for 24H+, same thing happening with my friends. We are all from Denmark with Stofa as our ISP.

Message 15 of 21 (881 Views)

Community Manager

@Vorzious 

We recommend contacting your ISP to make sure they are aware of the disruption from your end since there appears to be multiple reports. 

Are you able to connect after changing the data center?

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 21 (835 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Nothing helps changing data center, and we got no issues in everything else but apex.
Message 17 of 21 (832 Views)

★★ Novice

Switching data center didn't work, but changing the DNS did! :D I am able to play again. It must be some of the Danish ISP blocking traffic to some Apex servers by mistake. Incompetent ISP's... yaaaay. 

Thank you for helping out even tho the fault does not seem to be with either EA nor Apex. Really appreciate it Standard smile

To anyone still having problems. I recommend changing your DNS to an open DNS like either Google or 1.1.1.1 there is plenty of documentation online on how to do so Standard smile

Message 18 of 21 (823 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@GHUS_aTech same problem stofa it is the dns that is the problem, it works with google's dns.
Message 19 of 21 (789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I change my VPN on ps4?

Message 20 of 21 (521 Views)