April - last edited April
I've looked at various forum posts and this is apparently an issue that's existed since 2013 in some form or another (SERIOUSLY?), but none of the solutions I've found so far worked and I'm hoping someone has a new one.
I'm trying to play Apex Legends with a friend and we just CAN'T get Origin or Apex to recognize that either of us knows each other or is online.
We linked our Steam accounts in Apex and perpetually show as offline to each other.
Furthermore, we can't add each other on Origin either.
In my case clicking the "Send Friend Request" button in the Origin client does, well, literally nothing. Same for him.
Additionally, if I view my friend's profile, I show as being a friend of his, but neither of us is on each other's friends list and it won't let us add each other.
Stuff we've tried:
- Dropping our firewalls entirely
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Origin (deleting the Origin folder from %programdata% whilst uninstalled before installing again)
- Logging in and out of the Origin client repeatedly
- Closing/opening the Origin client repeatedly
- Blocking and then unblocking each other to try to send new friend requests on Origin
- Closing/opening the Apex Legends client repeatedly
- Killed Origin through Task Manager and rebooted it
- Opted into the beta version of Origin, killed the client, then rebooted it
- Forwarding all ports for both Origin and Apex Legends
- Sighing heavily and face-desking over how this could still possibly be an issue on a client developed by one of the largest devs in the industry off and on in some form apparently since 2013 and is still showing up
If anyone can throw out more things for me to try that'd be nice, cuz gotta tell you, this crap is a wee bit infuriating.
Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Stravask.
Can I ask you if possible, can you set your phone up as a mobile hot spot and then connect using that rather than through your normal router?
I've seen some users having the same issues as you and your friend and it turned out to be an issue with the router or ISP.
Let me know how you get on.