Re: Cannot Access Account

by PuddlePirate707

Original Post

Cannot Access Account

★★★ Newbie

The registered email on my "EA Account" is an AIM email. AIM was discontinued in 2017... NO ONE CAN USE AIM ANYMORE. EA "support" decided to close my ticket and mark it as resolved. the "analysts" I speak to keep sending me in circles posting the same generic things. HERE IS A LINK TO SOMETHING THAT IS OF NO HELP TO YOU SINCE YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE EMAIL ANYWAYS.... BUT ITS YOUR SOLUTION I PROMISE!!!! EA Support is a joke, the company is a joke. We will see if they even bother posting some irrelevant link in here or ignoring me. Game is going to be a complete waste of money. you suck ea thanks for wasting my time and money.

Message 1 of 7 (497 Views)

Community Manager

@PuddlePirate707

Account security is important to us.

When helping with certain issues, like account changes, it’s important that we can verify that you own this account. We want to make sure we’re not compromising your account, so we can’t help out with your issue currently.

If you’re able to regain access to your email account later, you can resume this case on EA Help at help.ea.com/my-cases/ or click Contact Us on any help.ea.com page to start a new case.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (468 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Barry 

clearly a a copy paste considering you either didn’t read or chose to ignore the fact that aim email service is discontinued. I just want a straight answer yes or no am I ever going to be able to swap my account and play madden online... ea account is FREE. Madden was almost 70 dollars. You obviously don’t care about your customers 

PLEASE give me a straight answer yes or no will I ever be able to transfer the account... it blows my mind 2 tickets closed without any verbiage or anything. Just a big slap in the face showing how little you guys care.

Message 3 of 7 (439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Basically no ea game ever will I be able to play online. I would have to get a new gamer tag what a freaking joke 

Message 4 of 7 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@PuddlePirate707

Can you confirm you have made some progress on your case since my last post here?

It does appear that your account is not completely lost?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 5 of 7 (408 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am dealing with the same problem i have had 6 cases opened and closed. What i have been told is that there is nothing they will do unless you access the old email address. My email was deleted 6 years ago and  i made a new one but the deleted one was linked to my xbox live account. The form they send you asks questions like what IP address did you use making the account. What credit card did you use opening the account. Questions most people will not remember 10 years later. The fact that the email is no longer available is apparently something EA cannot understand. This is just pathetic EA.  

Message 6 of 7 (386 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Do you guys at EA understand that we cannot done ANYTHING online until this is fixed. EA doesnt even allow us to talk to the account recovery team which could solve the problems. I had a similar situation with apple and i was able to fix it by talking to somebody on the phone who has access to the accounts. Apple is pretty secure with peoples accounts so that account security excuse is BS. 

Message 7 of 7 (381 Views)