Re: Can we get servers for the Middle East?

by Milage32

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Yeah can’t believe I have 120 ping at good times at some times the menus show me that I’m still getting 120 ping and 0 packet loss but in game there’s that packet loss square symbol coming up and everything’s laggy at times cost me a lot of solo matches EA pls get decent servers so we can atleast get 50 ping in countries like Pakistan,India and Middle East 

@pkk999 wrote:

So I'm based in the Middle East, and I'm at a disadvantage when playing in other regions.

In US servers, my ping is 250-300

In EU servers, it's 150-200

Ping, as you may all know, is much more of an issue in FPS shooters than in other types of games like MOBA.

Because the time it takes for a click to be received by the server and by the time a shot reaches an enemy, takes too long such that my enemy has already moved. Similarly, the time it takes for my escape abilities or movements to be carried out is quite considerable and puts me at a disadvantage. Having 200 ping is like having a one second delay between any of your actions to be sent in game, which is intolerable. 

A few examples:

Upon walking up to a death box or respawn beacon or loot box, it takes like a second for the "E to interact" logo to pop up, and i cant interact until this happens even though im right in front of them.

When using wraiths Q while getting shot at, many times i would end up being in the void animation the first second, then end up dying even though that shouldnt be allowed since Wraith takes no damage while in the void. But the reason that happened is simply because in my screen it shows that my Q is activated and that i got in the void but due to the ping it was a second too late and i got shot and knocked down. To enemies, im not in my Q yet.

When trying to enter a Wraith portal, I actually end up having to walk into the portal and wait a second or so until im actually in the void animation. Also sometimes id walk through the void portal without anything happening for a few seconds, then i get in.

Switching between weapons 1 and 2 takes a few seconds for me, which is way more than what it usually takes other people that ive seen through streams and gameplay videos. 

Sometimes i would die while shooting at someone and immediately moving to the left where a boulder or wall is located. In my screen ive already moved to the left, but due to ping, i ended up getting shot and killed whilst behind the boulder though that shouldnt have happened obviously.

When being knocked down, i immediately try activating my knockdown shield and even though it shows in my screen that its on, due to the delay, i get killed before it actually activates.

Of course the biggest one is actually shooting at someone but the click doesnt get received and he actually moves. So even though i shot where he was at one second ago and am 100% sure i was right, because of the delay he didnt get hit.

So on behalf of all Middle Eastern/North Africa (MENA) players, can we get a server that's based around our region? Thank you!

Message 11 of 12 (141 Views)

★★★★ Novice

* ea

Message 12 of 12 (82 Views)