Can't use mouse to move camera in SW Jedi Fallen Order

by heroxaxl

Original Post

Re: Can't use mouse to move camera in SW Jedi Fallen Order

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@DYSPROssium wrote:

I'm playing on PC as well, but am still able to rotate the camera around the character with the mouse. 

Sometimes though, the game forces certain views for cinematics. So in those moments you cannot move the mouse.

A thing I would like you to check is to make sure you're not using overlays when playing Jedi Fallen Order.

For example, Discord can run an overlay over the game, making the mouse unresponsive. I would suggest turning it off.

Origin is also capable of running an overlay.

Could you see if that changes something? Otherwise it might be a bug.

It's work! I've closed all of the over-lay and everything is fine now. Thank you for the solution Standard smile 

Message 11 of 25 (4,331 Views)

★ Novice
@heroxaxl disabling the origin in-game overlay has also fixed the issue for me. thanks!
Message 12 of 25 (4,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DYSPROssium My camera controls well, until I use a controller. It’s like the camera is fixed where the mouse is. Zero issues running around with keyboard/mouse. Combat is soooo much easier with controller though... It just sucks that the camera gets fubar when trying to explore — staying locked on the mouse.. anyone have a fix for this??
Message 13 of 25 (4,298 Views)

★ Novice

I've found the problem happens when clicking to close to the edge of the screen. The mouse cursor appears which is ordinarily hidden and from that moment on all combat interactions stop untill you reposition the cursor back in the middle of the screen and click.

Message 14 of 25 (4,297 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DYSPROssium thanks for the help...this thing was driving me absolutely nuts, disabled both discord and origin overlay and i can move the camera now...back to conquering the universe xD
Message 15 of 25 (4,280 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just shut down Discord and fix my problem thanks mate!

Message 16 of 25 (4,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@heroxaxl I play on xbox and have been wondering if it isn't possible for console.
Message 17 of 25 (3,973 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DYSPROssium Where do you find that setting?
Message 18 of 25 (3,925 Views)

hello @willcannes 

You can find the setting here.

I also want to add this:

There currently is a bug in JFO in which you cannot click with the mouse on the main menu page or in the pause menu (skill tree). But you're able to click within the settings menu and just play normally the game. This is a bug and the devs are aware of the problem.

If you're experiencing that one, be sure to navigate those windows using the arrow keys and space bar. The game is playable, but navigating those menus is a bit harder!

Good luck!

Message 19 of 25 (3,906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same problem it's not letting me use my mouse on xbox

Message 20 of 25 (3,659 Views)