Can't use chat in battlefield 5

by GaIinha2

Original Post

Re: I cannot text chat in this game! How could I fix it?

★ Guide

yes its the same

Message 61 of 111 (1,539 Views)

★★ Novice
I would say it must be the fact we have t3 in or at the end of our name lol
Message 62 of 111 (1,529 Views)

★★ Novice

It isn't that. I'm also blocked from chat due to that * up filter... even looked up what my nickname means in a ton of languages... nothing found. 

So ye i'm getting quite sick of this. Communication is so important in this game.

Message 63 of 111 (1,537 Views)

★ Guide

it is confirmed from official side that certain character combinations lead to the nicknames being filtered, hence those nicknames cannot chat at all as anything they write gets filtered due to their nickname. got a direct response from ea on that, and its been mentioned as an officially known issue in another thread here by a mod as well. theyre working on a fix, but no eta. unfortunately, and the overture patch didnt fix it obviously Frown i cannot chat since the beta, alpha was ok.

Message 64 of 111 (1,528 Views)

(Xbox One) In game Chat Log not functioning

★★★ Novice

I noticed after the new update for tides of war that the chat log doesn’t pop up in game anymore. I’d like to have this feature back. Anytime I call orders or commands, nothing pops up on the screen. 

Message 65 of 111 (1,353 Views)

Re: No chat log after update. PS4

Community Manager

Hey @Kenneth_HSH I moved your post over to this one.

Blueberry.png
Message 66 of 111 (1,496 Views)

Gameplay options not working

★★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Gameplay options
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? N/A
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 11.12.18
Summarize your bug Some gameplay options are not working. An example would be chat log no longer showing up when set to "when active" or "always" on.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change gameplay options
What happens when the bug occurs? The chat log no longer appears under any circumstances.
What should be happening instead? The options for the chat log should appear to the correct settings.

N/A

Message 67 of 111 (1,494 Views)

Re: Gameplay options not working

Community Manager

Hey all,

The Battlefield team is aware of this and looking into it. It's posted under the known issues thread HERE

• The PS4 and X1 chat logs are no longer showing up after the update.
Blueberry.png
Message 68 of 111 (1,476 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry

NB: most people here are having the problem that anything they type in chat is being filtered due to their nickname being considered profane by the profanity filter, hence being completely unable to chat at all; we do see the chat if it is turned on, we just cannot chat ourselves

Message 69 of 111 (1,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Correct! 

I just spend 1½ hour with Costumer Service trying to figure out what the h**l was going on... Turns out that my former Nickname (since 1998 and been used on Orign since 2009) is partly spanish slang for a certain male body part...

How the heck do we check against slang... I mean former word was in one word Ra bon zo but the first two parts Ra and bon means that male bodypart...

I am highly unamused by this broken filter... I MIGHT understand it, if it was on a SPANISH SERVER! But who the heck knows this stuff without knowing spanish o0

I am now named Rabnozo instead... workaround but looks wrong obviously for me :P

Also, on Forums I am still allowed to be named Rabonzo, so how bad could it really be?

Message 70 of 111 (1,391 Views)