Re: Gameplay options not working

by weird_inhuman

Original Post

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I also cannot type in chat, haven't been able to since I installed BF:V. Hard to imagine why my name would be banned considering there's nothing even remotely profane about it.

At the same time, it's funny because of the voiceovers and how profane THEY are. Not that I'm complaining, it's just funny to hear someone yell "I'm f-ing dying here!" while knowing my name is banned for being "profane". 

Message 91 of 111 (1,945 Views)

★★★ Novice

I too cant type in chat either, starting to get really frustrated at the moment. Something as simple as a me typing into a chat box and it not displaying is ridiculous. 

I could chat in the BETA but since then havent been able to. My friend was the same, but after last patch (prior to todays patch) it started working for his, but no mine. 

What is happening to change this the way it should be? 

Message 92 of 111 (1,871 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 6 weeks on from last comment and I still can't use in game chat

Message 93 of 111 (1,837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Same here. I still have the same problem, when i try to use inGame chat. Maybe my nickname Crap_Inhuman is blocked ?

Message 94 of 111 (1,790 Views)

Community Manager

@weird_inhuman 

Which game mode(s) are you unable to chat in? Can you chat if you change your name for a game or two?

Blueberry.png
Message 95 of 111 (1,771 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I changed my nickname from crap_inhuman to weird_inhuman and now i can chat again. Standard smile

I understand that using nicknames like Hit*er and Goebb*ls or something similar are forbidden, but blocking the word "crap" ?

Anyway, thanks for helping me finding a solution for my problem !

Message 96 of 111 (1,756 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Cant have 'crap' in your name but we can have "I'm f*@king dying over here" in the audio of the game. Great job EA/Dice

@EA_Atic so the great solution is change the name I've used for the last 15 years and everyone knows

me by!!!!! I'm still at a loss to know what the problem is with Trapper36

Message 97 of 111 (1,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Trapqer36 i can't even type my name here anymore. wow. The last 2 comments I tried to leave came out blank. Then it started to redirect me saying "this page does not exist".

I'm done with EA, 100%. Uninstalling Origin now. 

Message 98 of 111 (1,705 Views)

Re: Can't use chat in battlefield 5

★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry @EA_Atic 

I think I have the same problem with the profanity filter in multiplayer chat in BF5. Works in BF1.

The EA chat-support couldn't help me. I did all the suggested steps.

Please help. I really don't want to change my nick. I doubt anyone is offended by my nick pip-1914.

Message 99 of 111 (1,612 Views)

Re: Can't use chat in battlefield 5

★★ Apprentice

If you can't use the chat in the game, you're banned from chatting entirely.

Message 100 of 111 (1,455 Views)