Re: Gameplay options not working

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Re: Chat issues (PC)

★ Guide

this is the topic on the nicknames being considered profane by the chat filter because they were chosen before the filter had been introduced, occuring independently of the platform, hence many people are unable to chat because anything they type is automatically filtered due to their nickname being blocked.

the issue is still present, just tried to change my nickname back to necrophyte and i still cannot.

Message 81 of 111 (1,545 Views)

Re: Chat issues (PC)

Community Manager

Thank you for the call out @necropxhyte 

For PC users this is still being looked into and the current workaround is to change your Origin ID if the current one you have does not allow the chat.

Blueberry.png
Message 82 of 111 (1,535 Views)

Re: Any update on chat logs xbox

★★ Novice

Hi Blueberry, 

I still cant type in the chat at all. Not even orders, requests or anything with the Q button (PC gamer). 

I did not have these issues with BF4, 3 or 1

Please fix it because its very annoying..

I cant give you more details because i dont know what specific details other then: 

1. It doesnt work

2. not even after reinstalling the game

3. Requesting orders or such doesnt work as well. 

4. PC game version.

With Kind Regards, 

Message 83 of 111 (1,520 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry for the long delay! I've been busy playing, but I can see this thread is STILL not dead... Yes, I can now write in the game under then name Rabnozo as the **** Filter implented in BF V thinks my name Rabonzo is split up into Rabon (Which apparently means dong in spanish slang) and zo instead of looking at it as a whole... So, in other news, we have to take into account any common language in the world + slang when making names now. 2½h of support to figure this out, by a random chance I googled when I tried to change my name back to Rabonzo and it kept saying it was a no-no word, untill I figured out it was Rabon that was the issue, Rabo is fine, but then I would have bozo in the end, which is not fine...

All in all, my workaround works with the "wrong name"

Message 84 of 111 (1,461 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Good morning everyone, 

We have done an update to the in-game chat filter if you had issues typing in the chat or not working it should now be resolved for you.

For some reason this doesn't work for you and still have issues with the in-game chat, please tag @ me in the post below and we will investigate what is going on. 

Thank you for your patience! 

/Atic 
Message 85 of 111 (1,345 Views)

★★★ Novice

I still can't see my chat, my ID is Trapper36 cant see whats profane in that.

Message 86 of 111 (1,307 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks @Trapqer36 We are investigating on what is going on. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 87 of 111 (1,290 Views)

★ Novice

I also can't use the chat and my name is Blackstarrrrr

Does anyone have any solution for that?

Message 88 of 111 (1,249 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @Regev-Blackstar Cheers for the comments!

We are looking into the issue still, not current ETA.

/Atic
Message 89 of 111 (1,240 Views)

Re: Can't use chat in battlefield 5

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I try to change the key to open the chat window, but when I press enter, only close the windows, but don't send the message. And happens to me in two different computers... :/

Message 90 of 111 (1,203 Views)