Re: Gameplay options not working

by Schilli74

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

have the same problem or issue too, i think and my nickname is Schilli74 - dont know, what the problem, because i have this name since 2008 in battlefield and the name means nothing *. Why dice does not test the holy chat-filter in beta-versions? I mean - everybody can read my ingame nick, but the holy chat-filter hides me. What a logic... Dice is kidding me, i think. I have bought a full-price game and Schilli74 its a clean nickname! BFV is a AAA-game and if i pay the full-price, than I wanna have all features to play the game!!! Fix this sh*t...

Message 71 of 111 (1,862 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Rabnozo

Can you confirm whether this was fixed after you changed your name?

Blueberry.png
Message 72 of 111 (1,906 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry

i can confirm, after changing my name to some random aaahhhaaahh whatever, i suddenly was able to chat - see screenshot attached.

with the absurd situation that now i cannot revert my name back to what it has been until now - n3crophyt3 or necrophyte. something with necroph/n3croph triggers the prohibited word/character alert, as n3crop/necrop is accepted (already taken).

so.... how can i get my ca. 10-years old name back now? necrophyte or n3crophyt3, doesnt matter.

Message 73 of 111 (1,898 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

please EA DICE fix thisssss :D

Message 74 of 111 (1,826 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is absurd and extremely frustrating. I have had this username since BF3 and it is in no way offensive. Fix your broken chat nerf, EA.

Message 75 of 111 (1,815 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, please do! Same problem here. What about my nick should be offensive?? Frown maybe its the two "nz" 's o_O

Message 76 of 111 (1,783 Views)

In-Game Text Chat Vanished

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Airborne
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? All Servers
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Started about 3 weeks ago
Summarize your bug About 3 weeks ago the in-game text chat box from the upper-left screen went missing. I've tried messing with the various settings and re-launching the game over and over and have had no success bringing it back. There's no way to see squad/teammates chatting for help or supplies. While not a game breaker, it was somewhat nice to have it.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Log into any server, it is not restricted to any multiplayer game type.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no chat box in the top left corner of your screen.
What should be happening instead? There should be a chat box in the top left corner of the screen.

Missing!

Message 77 of 111 (1,794 Views)

Any update on chat logs xbox

★★★★★ Novice

It has been a little over a month since I've seen or heard anything on chat logs not showing for Xbox. Has there been any updated info released as to what or when a fix will come through??

Beer

Message 78 of 111 (1,716 Views)

Re: Any update on chat logs xbox

Community Manager

Hey everyone thank you for your patience on this. The team should have this addressed now, if it's still happening please let us know by providing specific details here.

Xbox One-Specific Improvements

• Fixed an issue which could result in a black screen if players resumed the game from standby mode after having played single player.
  • The “chat” window is once again visible.

PlayStation® 4-Specific Improvements

• The “chat” window is once again visible.

Source

Blueberry.png
Message 79 of 111 (1,637 Views)

Re: Chat issues (PC)

★★ Novice

Have the same issue, 4N4LYZE is my nickname and can't write anything in chat. Not even any feedback.

Message 80 of 111 (1,631 Views)