Original Post

Re: Can't use chat in battlefield 5

★★★★★ Novice

cannot even say GG :D

Message 31 of 111 (2,650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This is a joke right EA? you was informed many times over the Alpha and beta that your chat was blocking people because of their names, and you have not only failed to fix it but failed to even acknowledge it. 

Look at mine Comedykev,. it has D Y K E in it so you think it needs blocking, then look at some of the others on this thread, the same issue.

i am unable to type ingame because of your new system, all other BF games its fine. 

Can you even acknowledge that you are aware of this issue and that you are looking into it to your customers 

Edit: ive had to change my name because DICE wont help since the Alpha, and guess what..this name dosent work either!!!

Message 32 of 111 (2,612 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Bump, can DICE acknowledge that they are working on this issue??

Message 33 of 111 (2,583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I saw in another thread that they're are currently investigating the issue.

Let's hope it'll be fixed shortly Standard smile

Message 34 of 111 (2,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey everyone,

Our profanity filter has an issue where some names can't be posted within in-game chat. If a word is filtered and it's part of your name that's what's causing the profanity filter to trigger. We are looking into the system but no ETA for a fix.

In the meantime there is a workaround, to change your name/user ID. We're aware this is not an optimal choice, but hopefully it helps some of you. If you check this article it'll detail the steps you need to take.

How to change your name/ID:

https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/account/if-you-forgot-your-ea-account-id-or-password/

We'll let you know when we hear anything new around this issue.

Thank you for your patience!

/Atic 

Message 35 of 111 (2,537 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

same issue here.

also did not experience it during the alpha, but did in the beta and still do now.

similarily, the stuttering double-vision when entering a stationary gun, but surprisingly, this seems to be fixed now for me, but not for others. but this is another topic.

really dont wanna suddenly need to change my name ive been using since bfbc2, ie. 8+ (?) years...

hope this gets fixed really soon as it is also heavily impacting the game because due to not being able to chat, one neither can issue squad requests alla NEED AMMO & NEED MEDIC - these are posted in the chat as well and due to this issue in our case they are not, hence we cannot request medics and supports. Confused

Message 36 of 111 (2,516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My username: eGe-*

Is there any profanity in it? I don't think so Wink

Message 37 of 111 (2,507 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
ohh snap is "*" really banned in the chat???
Message 38 of 111 (2,504 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone,

I confirm that somehow eGe-A M K is banned.

I just changed it to eGe-minirambo and it's now working. 

Now able to send message

Standard smile

Message 39 of 111 (2,490 Views)

chat wont work in battlefield 5

★★★ Newbie

The chat isn't working in battlefield 5 for some people, I can type but when I hit enter nothing shows up and no one sees it.  I'm not sure if its because of the chat filter having a problem with my username since it has a problem with almost anything or bugged for some other reason and when I submitted a bug report to EA they just immediately closed the case.

Message 40 of 111 (2,496 Views)