Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Can't use chat in battlefield 5

by --SWA--Capt_Otto

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Did not work too, my keyboard is Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard, i could write in both closed alphas so i don't know
Message 11 of 100 (1,514 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @GaIinha2

What keybinding are you using to write in chat? 

/Atic 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP. :eahigh_file: 

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 12 of 100 (1,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Im using "ENTER" and J/K/L to chose which chat to talk, but i tried to change the key bind and i still couldn't send my messages

Message 13 of 100 (1,486 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks! @GaIinha2 Standard smile 

Just to write it of the list, can you re install the drivers for the Logitech system. Standard smile 

/Atic 

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

Message 14 of 100 (1,476 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Didn't work too :/
Message 15 of 100 (1,452 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @GaIinha2, sorry to hear that. 

I have poked my team on this. I'll be back. 

/Atic 

Message 16 of 100 (1,436 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Ok thank you!
Message 17 of 100 (1,434 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I had this in the beta along with many others which was reported here, so DICE never fixed the issue, not holding my breath for a fix in the main game.  

Message 18 of 100 (1,425 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@--SWA--Capt_Otto i have the full game and the problem remains at least with me, i can see everyone chating but i cannot send mine
Message 19 of 100 (1,421 Views)

i'm muted in BF5 in-game chat, please help?

★★★★ Novice

Hi!

Title is pretty self explanatory, but every-time i type in chat, it doesn't come up in teh chat log, my requests/orders in the chat wheel aren't showing up, ( have confirmed this with a friend) and my in game VoIP doesn't activate? I hate to think that my username (1diotbox) has been some how shadow-banned/auto silenced or something like that? for crying out loud the in game characters drop the F bomb.

Thanks!

Message 20 of 100 (1,377 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help