Can't unlock final safehouse

by GaryC1234uk2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't unlock final safehouse

★ Novice

Can't unlock safehouse(s) once 'Story Mode' complete (PS5). The 'car delivery missions' repeat, but not the 'rescue racer missions'. There can't complete challange 'Unlock all safehouses' unless game is restarted!

Message 1 of 6 (1,126 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't unlock final safehouse

★★★ Newbie

When it happens after the story, technically you can still get the final safe house by buying the access from that specific street racer.

Example if it was Medusa(as an example) that you didn't saved from the rescue mission from that night and her safe house would remain locked, it can still be obtainable. You go to a meet up and have either an S or S+ Tier Car selected in the meet up area. Since each tier has a set of racers in each class like Harlow is only in Tier A+ if your car is that class. Once you switch your car to a S Tier Car, she switches to Medusa. Now after that you select rivals and select Medusa to show her bio and it will reveal Buy their Safehouse on the bottom corner and there you go, you got access to their safe house.

So in short:

1. Goto Meet Up

2. Select Specific Tier Car to display Tier Rivals

3. Select Rivals and select specific Rival

4. Buy their safehouse access.

There you go

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (958 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@GaryC1234uk2 Could you try to power cycle the console and see if that helps. 

Power cycle the PlayStation console

1. Completely turn off the PlayStation by holding the power button.
  2. Wait for the power light to stop flashing, remove the power cable and leave the system for 20 minutes.
  3. Reconnect and attempt to launch Safe Mode.

/Atic 

Message 2 of 6 (1,092 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Atic - I am not sure what good going into safe mode on PS5 is going to do and I am reluctant to try it as I could lose game 'saves'. Since the PS5 currently has several user profiles and only one account has PS+ cloud storage - so other profiles game saves would all need to be backed up to USB external storage before trying!

The rest of the game is working OK. I got busted during one of the ‘racer rescue’ missions and I went on to do the final race “The Grand”. Following completion of ‘The Grand’ in main story mode all ‘phone’ messages stop from Rydell & Yaz & Tess – so you are not offered the ‘racer rescue’ missions any more. Since these rescue missions are the only way(?) to unlock safehouses then there is no way to complete the challenge ‘unlock all safehouses’.
Message 3 of 6 (1,066 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Atic - I created a backup and then entered safe mode and rebuilt the databases - and nothing has changed. I realy do think this is a design mistake with the PS5 version of the game. If safehouses are not unlocked before completing "The Grand" there doesa not seem to be any mechanism to unlock (unless somebody else has done it and can advise).
Message 4 of 6 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When it happens after the story, technically you can still get the final safe house by buying the access from that specific street racer.

Example if it was Medusa(as an example) that you didn't saved from the rescue mission from that night and her safe house would remain locked, it can still be obtainable. You go to a meet up and have either an S or S+ Tier Car selected in the meet up area. Since each tier has a set of racers in each class like Harlow is only in Tier A+ if your car is that class. Once you switch your car to a S Tier Car, she switches to Medusa. Now after that you select rivals and select Medusa to show her bio and it will reveal Buy their Safehouse on the bottom corner and there you go, you got access to their safe house.

So in short:

1. Goto Meet Up

2. Select Specific Tier Car to display Tier Rivals

3. Select Rivals and select specific Rival

4. Buy their safehouse access.

There you go

Message 5 of 6 (959 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks Cosmic-Drifter96 -  that worked a treat - it was 'Anechka's' safe house I was missing - so I needed a 'S' class car. I did see a 'how to unlock safehouse' tutorial on Youtube but did not see the option to unlock when trying to follow - but either I was too thick or the instructions were not clear. Thanks for giving me clear guidance. Its a shame that the game makes it so complex - but still - what do I know! Shame the support techies @EA  did not make that suggestion! Cheers !

Message 6 of 6 (939 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help