Can't take faceoffs with stick to left side

by DSHMURDA609

Original Post

Re: Can't take faceoffs with stick to left side

★ Apprentice

Now I finally got the controller overlay to work. 

The problem now is, that it only shows the overlay when I am in puck position, and I am not in puck position under the face-off situation, which means there is nothing to look at. 

I have done a full reset on both my controllers. 

The problem only occurs when I have my right thumb stick to the left. 

Any suggestions?

Message 61 of 73 (807 Views)

Community Manager

@Hjalle_DK 

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions. So far, we have had a very small number of reports on this. Each time it was found to be a faulty controller or they weren't aiming directly at 9:00 with the right stick. Is this happening in every mode?

Aljo.png
Message 62 of 73 (785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have same issue here. Usually no problem at the start of playing but after few minutes it starts to happen. Sometimes there is a faceoff and I dont even touch the controller and the player constantly trying to win it. It might be issue with my controller, but it happens on both of them(one of them is few months old). Maybe adding some kind of setting so it would not react on 8:30 - 9:30/2:30-3:30?

Message 63 of 73 (736 Views)

Community Manager

@Tatuua 

Your player shouldn't be attempting to win a faceoff without any input. Can you get some video of this? What system are you playing on?

Aljo.png
Message 64 of 73 (724 Views)

★ Apprentice

Please stop EA. You have a bug - period. 

Message 65 of 73 (714 Views)

Community Manager

@Hjalle_DK 

So far, we haven't found this to be a bug. There are very few people reporting it and we haven't been able to reproduce this. If it is found to be a bug, we'll post an update saying so.

Aljo.png
Message 66 of 73 (709 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It still happens, as far as reproducing it you're asking us to set up a camera on a tripod at an angle that records your hand on the controller and the screen and just record until this happens again which is ridiculous and I'm a cinematographer! If you position your stick directly at 9:00 it usually does not do it so I created a team of all right-handed centerman to improve muscle memory. However, now and then it just triggers, I kind of stopped caring and I'm sure as hell not going to endlessly shoot and edit video just so you believe people. I created this post about a year ago and I get emails all the time to more and more people experiencing the same thing. My take is that the ea NHL adjusted something in code that created a smaller margin of error in stick placement when the stick is supposed to be placed at 9:00 rather than 3:00 and sometimes even though your right at 9;00 it still triggers a too early, you lose this faceoff alert. It's not a big deal, it's a great game but this happens. I understand that the ea team has a lot of variables they can't control, like condition and quality of controllers but how many more people need to say something before you all at least acknowledge that this could be an error in the game? 

Message 67 of 73 (703 Views)

Community Manager

@peterleix 

We'll keep an eye out for this. So far, there is an extremely low number of reports of this happening. I've played well over 1000 games of NHL 22 myself and haven't experienced this. Should we find a way to reproduce it, I'll update here. When the stick is at 9:00, it won't happen, but if you move towards 12 or 6 too much, it will. That is intended. So far, I can't get it to happen when aiming at 9:00 or moving slightly above or below that.

Aljo.png
Message 68 of 73 (697 Views)

★ Apprentice

That post is so much spot on peterleix. 

Well spolen Obi Wan 😀

Message 69 of 73 (689 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update on my end, I got Xbox series x and downloaded the game and using the same Xbox elite controller I've played the game for a few weeks now and it does not happen at all on the next-gen version. I think this bug is in the current-gen version of the game, I didn't realize it until I had played for over a week and hit my controller before a face-off while using Matt Sundin got the too early warning that I realized that the bug is non-existent in the next-gen version of the game. I played every game of solo battles 35+games and probably 10-20 rivals games and it does not happen.

I can say with all confindence is real, I don't care what anyone says, using the same exact controller on current-gen I get errors when taking backhand faceoffs with right-handers and it does not happen at all on next-gen. I also played a few games at my buddy's house (current-gen Xbox) and the same old problem is still in the game. 

This cross-platform game coding has to be difficult and is creating problems unique to this challenge of creating a game. The Xbox series x has a GPU with 12 teraflops vs Xbox one's 1.4 teraflops, the two machines are going to process player input differently and that difference is going to cause some problems, my guess is that this is one of those problems. 

Message 70 of 73 (562 Views)