Can't take faceoffs with stick to left side

by DSHMURDA609

Original Post

Re: Can't take faceoffs with stick to left side

Community Manager

@peterleix 

I agree that it would be great to see the stick movement, but that only happens for the player actively carrying the puck. Since no one has possession until after the faceoff, it's not going to show the stick movements until someone has the puck. Another way to test this though might be to go into practice mode and take control of the puck and let go of the sticks. Check the replay to see if they aren't quite centered when they're carrying the puck. You can also take possession and stick handle to the left to see if it matches with where you're aiming with the stick.

Aljo.png
Message 41 of 73 (823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Any fix for this yet it happens to me as well with a right handed center on nhl 21 on ps5. Every time I try to take a back hand face off online only.  He just jumps and says I am early if I hold 9 o’clock he will continue to jump early also is I hold 7 to 8 o’clock he still jumps early I have 3 ps5 controllers and they all do it so I know it’s not my controller 

Message 42 of 73 (805 Views)

Community Manager

@leverty7 

The only reason we've seen this happen is when you're pressing slightly up. So, around 2:30 or 9:30. If we find any issues with this, I'll post an update, but so far it hasn't been reproduced.

Aljo.png
Message 43 of 73 (785 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem here, just occured, and have now been ongoing for a couple of days.

Please don't blame my controllers or my skille, this is definately a software bug...........

Message 44 of 73 (554 Views)

Community Manager

@Hjalle_DK 

Can you get me a video of this happening? Make sure you hit Y/Triangle to remove the replay controls and show the controller overlay.

Aljo.png
Message 45 of 73 (543 Views)

★ Apprentice

OK,

But how do I make a video with controller overlay visible?

Message 46 of 73 (521 Views)

Community Manager

@Hjalle_DK 

You'll need to pause the game. Then, go to Instant Replay. Then, hit Y/Triangle to remove the playback controls and display the controller overlay.

Aljo.png
Message 47 of 73 (520 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is a video of one of the faceoff bugs. 

Don’t know how to include the controller overlay!!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0eLHdAlOwf0&feature=share

Message 48 of 73 (515 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Hjalle_DK 

Please see my previous post for instructions on showing the overlay. If you're having trouble with those, please tell me which steps are confusing. The controller overlay is only visible in replays. It looks like you're pressing up. So, chances are good that your controller has a bit of drift or your stick is aimed more around 10-11:00 than 9:00.

Aljo.png
Message 49 of 73 (503 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am following your instructions in regards to instant replay and video upload. 

However the video isn’t showing the controller overlay. 

Is there a way to turn on controller overlay or a function in setiings or any other places?

Message 50 of 73 (496 Views)