Re: Can't subscribe because of extremely high traffic

by Dosmatrix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't subscribe because of extremely high traffic

★★★ Novice

I have been trying to subscribe for about six days now and the website keeps giving me the message "SWTOR.com is temporarily unavailable as we are experiencing extremely high traffic. Please check back again soon, or visit our Twitter account for details!" but there isn't anything about that on Twitter. I'd like to know what's going on and how can I solve that. I've already tried with all navigators I have (chrome, firefox and brave) and it's all the same.

Message 1 of 55 (6,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Today the last root cause for this issue was resolved. 

All affected accounts can purchase and redeem codes again. 

Be aware that this error page will still appear for accounts which are blocked from purchases due to security reasons. 

If your purchase or code redemption is failing with a this or a different error message, please contact our support team as they should be able to assist you. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 55 (5,824 Views)

All Replies

@danielbcaldas 

This has been passed back to the studio for investigation

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 55 (5,977 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah this has been a reoccurring problem for years and I haven't been able to resub ,after changing card details , for a week or so. There was a thread not along ago in May about this issue so I am sure they are aware of it again.

Message 3 of 55 (5,959 Views)

★★★ Novice
@danielbcaldas This may sound stupid, but You should try doing it at a night like 2AM when the traffic is supposed to be lowest.
Message 4 of 55 (5,935 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Today the last root cause for this issue was resolved. 

All affected accounts can purchase and redeem codes again. 

Be aware that this error page will still appear for accounts which are blocked from purchases due to security reasons. 

If your purchase or code redemption is failing with a this or a different error message, please contact our support team as they should be able to assist you. 

Message 5 of 55 (5,825 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks a lot! Everything is ok now! Appreciate the help!

Message 6 of 55 (5,815 Views)

★★★ Novice

I still get this error Extremly high traffic when I click buy now on swtor, I can also not redeem codes because "The EA Billing and Management services cannot be accessed at this time." also comes up. The game time code also gives me EA billing error, so what gives?

Message 7 of 55 (5,802 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am still experiencing this problem and don't know what to do and this has been going on for nearly 2 weeks

Message 8 of 55 (5,692 Views)

★★ Novice

I've got the same problem. A few days before everything was fine. I played as usual. Then when I tried to run the game I saw that I'm not subscriber anymore. Although before I was a subscriber for about a year and every month I payed with pay pal without any problem. And now it suddenly happened! I can't subscribe again! When I'm trying there is a message about maintenance. I don't know what to do. As I can see there is only one way to contact the support - to call them! But If I'm mute?! If I'm deaf?! Anyway I'm none of them. Maybe there is an e-mail I can write to and I just didn't find it (then I'm blind hah).  I just want to know is there is any way to solve the problem?

Message 9 of 55 (5,639 Views)

★★ Novice

i'm still having this problem and it's getting annoying i go to the swtor.com website and can't even redeem my codes that i bought 

Message 10 of 55 (5,614 Views)