Can't start the game

by Numerion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't start the game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I searched through the forums here and none of the advice worked for me, so I am making a new thread hoping to find new suggestions.

The issue: 
After clicking play, the EasyAntiCheat splash and loading springs up and loads to 100%
For several seconds dllhost.exe and r5apex.exe processes launch as child processes of the EasyAntiCheat_launcher.exe
Then everything closes and origin detects the game is not running (and allows me to click it again)

I've been having this issue for months now

What I tried:  

• Reinstall origin
  • Reinstall Apex
  • Update Windows
  • Update graphics drivers (clean install)
  • Clean boot windows
  • Reinstall C++ redistributables (all of them 2010 and onwards)
  • Reinstall directX version that apex uses (when reinstalling apex, it gave me an error the directx didnt install correctly, I looked up how to fix that and did... maybe there's the issue?)
  • Repair Apex installation 
  • Remove EasyAntiCheat and repair apex installation
  • Removing Respawn folder in Saved Games
  • Changing language to french, let it verify files, change back (which I imagine is the same as repairing)
  • Disabling Anti-virus
  • Adding Apex to firewall
  • Disabling firewall

My specs:

• GPU: 970gtx
  • CPU: Intel i5-4690
  • 16GB RAM
  • Windows 7

As far as I am aware, there are no error logs related to this issue, may have missed some.
I am attaching the installLog in case it contains something relevant

Note:

This issue started way back in March or April. First my game would be crashing after ~30-40 minutes ingame with a C++ error ("instruction on address 0x(number) is invalid" or something akin to that). When trying to solve that, after one repair Apex stopped launching like this and I didn't solve it until now.

Message 1 of 4 (407 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't start the game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Oh my god your reply helped me...well not directly but it led me the correct way.

Gonna write it out in case somebody else happens to have the same (stupid) problem

So to summarize: I noticed an odd thing in Origin itself, but paid it no attention before. But now that you were asking about origin itself, I wanted to make sure it's not that and reinstall it (again, but more thoroughly).   

What I noticed while doing that was that I had two Origin installations(?). One on C drive (the one uninstalled through Add or remove programs) and second one on G drive (...no idea how it got there or when, according to windows it was alst updated sometimes in March...about the same time my previous troubles were happening ). I knew that the one on C drive was getting used by Apex when launching it, so I tried the other one and...it worked.

The odd thing that was happening was that my location info wasn't getting saved (would get a popup each time I launched origin for first time after boot). And the update popup would sometimes appear after the launcher crashed (even though I clicked it earlier and restarted origin...didn't question it, foolishly)

So it works! I will see if I'll get crashes, but at least I am passing into the game itself now!

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (295 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The issue has not gone away, so I am also attaching a dxdiag

Message 2 of 4 (324 Views)

Community Manager

@Numerion 

Really appreciate you listing all the steps you've taken, helps us avoid repeated steps.

How many Origin friends do you have on your friends list and do you have a non-English character in your Windows User Account name?

Are you able to launch the game under a different Windows User Account?

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 4 (309 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Oh my god your reply helped me...well not directly but it led me the correct way.

Gonna write it out in case somebody else happens to have the same (stupid) problem

So to summarize: I noticed an odd thing in Origin itself, but paid it no attention before. But now that you were asking about origin itself, I wanted to make sure it's not that and reinstall it (again, but more thoroughly).   

What I noticed while doing that was that I had two Origin installations(?). One on C drive (the one uninstalled through Add or remove programs) and second one on G drive (...no idea how it got there or when, according to windows it was alst updated sometimes in March...about the same time my previous troubles were happening ). I knew that the one on C drive was getting used by Apex when launching it, so I tried the other one and...it worked.

The odd thing that was happening was that my location info wasn't getting saved (would get a popup each time I launched origin for first time after boot). And the update popup would sometimes appear after the launcher crashed (even though I clicked it earlier and restarted origin...didn't question it, foolishly)

So it works! I will see if I'll get crashes, but at least I am passing into the game itself now!

Message 4 of 4 (296 Views)