Can’t start match and can’t open friends list

by Brobro_Swaggins

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t start match and can’t open friends list

★★★ Newbie

This had been a problem in the past, but it’s been really bad for the new season. When I boot up apex, I can’t open my friends list/join their parties (even though I can see their invitations on the lobby screen). My player name is replaced with “Player.” And whenever I try to ready up for a solo queue it says “party not ready” instead of looking for a match. Restarting my game/console only works about 10% of the time now, and even when it does it’s almost guaranteed to come back right after the match. This has been a problem for everyone in my house, and I can’t find anything online talking about this exact issue and how to fix it. Two of us are on ps5, but one of my ps4 friends also deals with this regularly. Any ideas for a fix?

Message 1 of 4 (873 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t start match and can’t open friends list

Community Manager

Hey @Brobro_Swaggins,

Sorry to hear this has been such an issue lately!

Given the issues you mentioned and that this is affecting everyone in your house as well, it would definitely be worth going through these troubleshooting steps to see if you notice a change, particularly the section to change your DNS.

If there are multiple systems playing on the same network connection otherwise, I'd also check the UPnP option on your router and try toggling that setting before testing again.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (844 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can’t start match and can’t open friends list

Community Manager

Hey @Brobro_Swaggins,

Sorry to hear this has been such an issue lately!

Given the issues you mentioned and that this is affecting everyone in your house as well, it would definitely be worth going through these troubleshooting steps to see if you notice a change, particularly the section to change your DNS.

If there are multiple systems playing on the same network connection otherwise, I'd also check the UPnP option on your router and try toggling that setting before testing again.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 4 (845 Views)

Wont let me play

★★★ Newbie

When I would sign in where my level and name would be it would say player and when I tried to invite people it would not let me and also when I tried to get into a game it said party not read

Message 3 of 4 (766 Views)

apex

★★★ Newbie

I play on ps5 and I've had a bug since august 3rd 2021 where I can't play the game. When I load into the game my name says "player" and when I try to ready up it says party not ready. I have tried changing dns settings, restoring liscenses, changing internet settings, redownloading the game on external and console storage. The only thing that works is getting kicked for innactivity then logging back in but it only works for about 2 games then it says party not ready again, I also can't join friends when I do this. The pictures attached show the party not ready and my name above my characters head being player, and the other picture is what happens when I click on my name it shows everything as if it were normal

Message 4 of 4 (755 Views)