by simprincessrealm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] Sim can't interact with baby

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8 Plus
OS Version iOS 12.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003961136969
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By clicking on the pink family icon above the baby's bassinet. When I try to click on this to complete the daily family event with the baby, there is no option to select the event. Instead, you can only choose to feed the baby or pick it up, neither of which my sim actually does as she just stands in front of the bassinet.
What do you expect to see? The sim interacting with her baby and being able to complete the daily event with it.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region
Country
Additional feedback

I've never had this issue before, and it's only been happening now that my second generation sim is having children of her own. With her first child, initially she'd pick it up like normal, but then she just started standing frozen in front of the bassinet without doing anything regardless of what I clicked. The action would still carry out, the animation just isn't working. Even with the daily event, she'd just stand there. However, with the second child, she's not only frozen when I click actions but she cannot complete the family event even though the pink icon above the bassinet is there. To be clear, this is the event that enables the baby to earn the Good Upbringing trait after their birth.

Message 2 of 10 (5,987 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't show animation to feed or hold baby

★★ Apprentice

I no longer have the issue. The last big update fixed it. Thank you!!!

@Phantomlover1717 wrote:

@wr001x@simprincessrealm@Luvs31@dclay1969 do you guys still have this issue? Have you tried the suggestion by @doodle_lass?

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (5,079 Views)

All Replies

Can't show animation to feed or hold baby

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello ,

On Android app The Sims Mobile due to recent update I now have no animation of showing adult sim holding feeding baby, or check on Baby.

Here is the details

On Model number Asus_X008DC

System Android 7.0

Software information attached via screenshot is anyone else having same issues?

Message 1 of 10 (6,016 Views)

Re: [Open] Sim can't interact with baby

EA Live QV Team

Hey @wr001x, this issue sounds similar to what is going on with the Harvest fest event. Next time your Sim completes an event, instead of starting the next event please try these steps:

1. If any Sims have completed events that are ready to be collected, collect those.

2. Close your game completely, also in the background. 

On iOS (iPhone 8 or earlier): press the home button twice and swipe up on the game.

On iOS (iPhone X or later): from the home screen, swipe up from the bottom and leave your finger on the screen about halfway, then swipe up on the game. 

On Android: press the Recent Apps button and then press the X or swipe up on the game to close it.

3. Reload The Sims Mobile.

4. One of your Sims may have completed the blocked event or be in the event.

@simprincessrealm can you share your player ID with us? This page explains how to find this https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile/

Message 3 of 10 (5,938 Views)

Re: [Open] Sim can't interact with baby

★★★★★ Apprentice

See my Player ID: attached by photo

Screenshot_20181121-063252.jpg

Message 4 of 10 (5,896 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having that same problem. Not only that i'm unable to put my baby toddler sim to bed anymore. It's one glitch after another with this game. 

Message 5 of 10 (5,703 Views)

★ Novice
I'm having the same issue. Not just that now i'm unable to put my toddler sim to bed anymore. It's one glitch after another with this game very frustrating.
Message 6 of 10 (5,702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I’ve had a baby stuck since the Harvest Fest. I believe it’s stuck with a retired Sim no longer in my game. No interactions, no bundle of joy, no feeding, no birthday. When I touch the crib nothing happens. I’ve been thru the troubleshooting list a dozen times and my game and iPad are up to date. Any advice??  

Message 7 of 10 (5,331 Views)

★★ Guide

@simprincessrealm Have you tried moving your bassinet to another place? I had this problem few weeks ago, but it resolved after moving my bassinet to an empty space and rearrange my furnitures. I'm on android too

Message 8 of 10 (5,318 Views)

@wr001x@simprincessrealm@Luvs31@dclay1969 do you guys still have this issue? Have you tried the suggestion by @doodle_lass?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 10 (5,085 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I no longer have the issue. The last big update fixed it. Thank you!!!

@Phantomlover1717 wrote:

Message 10 of 10 (5,080 Views)