Can't save graphics changes in BF1

by NekoZushi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't save graphics changes in BF1

★ Novice

I just re-installed BF1 so I can play with my son. I fire it up and I can't save any graphics settings changes I make. When I go into Advanced Options under Graphics, I see BF1 is defaulting to LOW. The first time I click the <> to change the settings, BF1 immediately asks me if I want to keep my changes via a pop-up, as if I had hit the Apply button. No matter if I select YES or NO, from then on, I can change the graphics settings, but the APPLY button never appears. As such, I can't apply any changes and everything is set to LOW if I restart the game. Has anyone ever seen this? I've re-installed BF1 and updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers. Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (1,258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't save graphics changes in BF1

Hero (Retired)

Hello @NekoZushi

Can you please try to delete Battlefield 1 folder in your Documents (My Documents) and run the game?  In this way you will force the game to create a new folder with config files. Then, check if you can change your Settings.

If that doesn't work, then go to My Documents (Documents) folder>>Battlefield 1 folder>>Settings folder and in the Settings folder right-click on PROFSAVE_profile file and select Properties. Check "Read Only" option and click Apply. After that launch the game and try to change your Settings again and see if you can save them.

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,238 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
Hello @NekoZushi

I have heard of this bug before. It is really annoying and can be a pain. You said that you already tried uninstalling and re-installing. So the only other option is that it is just a glitch and maybe it will fix itself. If not I would try doing the uninstall re-install trick again. Let us know how things go!

Thanks, Zoie
Message 2 of 3 (1,244 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello @NekoZushi

Can you please try to delete Battlefield 1 folder in your Documents (My Documents) and run the game?  In this way you will force the game to create a new folder with config files. Then, check if you can change your Settings.

If that doesn't work, then go to My Documents (Documents) folder>>Battlefield 1 folder>>Settings folder and in the Settings folder right-click on PROFSAVE_profile file and select Properties. Check "Read Only" option and click Apply. After that launch the game and try to change your Settings again and see if you can save them.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (1,239 Views)