Can't run the game anymore from Steam after linking Epic with Origin

by DreamCatchXD

Original Post

Re: Can't run the game anymore from Steam. Game now needs an activation key.

★★★★ Novice
@Stan_Java That might be so but this thread was mainly to outline the problem with you now needing an activation key to run the steam version because Epic has brute forced and taken over the original game files. So yes whilst it is an Epic problem that they shouldn't be able to just take games, its also EA who need to somehow get people an activation code so they can relink their Steam versions. Hopefully this gets fixed for everyone Standard smile
Message 61 of 190 (1,073 Views)

Re: Can't run the game anymore from Steam after linking Epic with Origin

★★★★★ Newbie
@decimal4000 So I clicked on the Settings tap on the Epic Games launcher. It said I had a bunch of Install files ready to be installed, so I did that. I relaunched BF2 from the Epic Games store, and it didn't connect at the main menu. I clicked CONNECT several times, no luck. I was browsing the offline modes, tried CONNECT again a few minutes later and it worked.
Message 62 of 190 (1,063 Views)

★ Novice

Have the exact same issue. All I did was go into single player instant action, after launching from the Origin client, then whilst browsing the game modes I clicked the top left Connect button and it went in straight away. Sucks I can't play with steam anymore, but at least the game works as usual. Standard smile

Message 63 of 190 (1,308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@RebelScum2A @KATENEX The problem with no connection could also lie in the fact that probably half of the world has downloaded the game and the servers are being floated with players and can't keep up. the same thing happened when GTA5 was released for free in may last year, Rockstars servers just burdened down or something.

and @Leebo1705 ok I agree, you're right there

Message 64 of 190 (1,305 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

whole situation looks like another proof that ea suck balls hard

Message 65 of 190 (1,143 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello! I have the same problem, after I claimed a free copy of the game in Epic my Steam version of the game stopped working (it does not recognize the game and asks me for a redeem code, which Steam has never given).

Although I can play the game through Epic, I cannot play it through Steam, some people may consider this not to be a problem, because I still can play the game, but I think that, as a consumer, I am entitled to play the game through the platafform I choose and paid for (at this point I would not mind loosing the Epic version if I could play once again the Steam version, which I bought in July).

My contribution to this thread is the following: for whatever reason there seems to be a difference between my library of games in the Origin webpage and my library of games in the Origin app, the webpage has no problem in acknowledging that I own both versions of the game (Steam and Epic), while the app only acknowledges that I own the Epic version. I think this may be the cause of the problem, if I try to play the game through Steam the Origin app will not recognize that I own the game, and that is why it asks for a redeem code. I have tried reloading the library of games in the app, uninstalling the game, Origin, Epic, etc. Maybe EA (Origin) can fix this difference between the Origin webpage and the app, solving the problem.

I will attach two screenshots illustrating the matter, although the information is in spanish you will get the idea. Greatings from Chile! (I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes).

Message 66 of 190 (1,062 Views)

Help

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic i bought starwars battlefront from steam a month ago and now it became free on epic. Just bought the celebration edition on epic but didn't get the cosmetics can you help me?

Message 67 of 190 (707 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@VicenteRG98Same for me, I can see 3 versions on Origin website (Epic, Steam & Origin trial), but on the client there are only 2 (Epic & Origin trial)

What I realised is there should be a Steam icon on the cover of Steam copy (just like BF Ultimate Edition), but it's not there anymore. 

orig.jpg

Message 68 of 190 (1,052 Views)

★★★ Novice

Someone please help me. * EA only cares about the money. Scumbags, Having the same problem when I don't even have a * epic games account. I haven't played in 2 straight days!!!! 

Fix your *, especially this * ORIGIN app

Message 69 of 190 (1,047 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

So I bought Star Wars Battle Front II - Celebration Edition, a couple of days ago.(see attached image) In order to play it, i needed to install ORIGIN, didn't even know what the fook was that.

once i installed it, i needed an account, but i didn't have one. So i "borrowed" my sister's. 

Fast forward to a day ago when we found out that this game was free on EPIC GAMES, she decided to get the game. 

Sooo noowwww the problem is............ Why does this stoooopid ORIGIN APP saying i need an ACTIVATION CODE when i bought this game with my hard earned money? All i wanted was just to enjoy this game on my days off from work. 

Like didn't your team/a team think this through or sumshiiiit when you guys decided you were gonna make it free???? like seriously I'm foookiiin dumbfounded here.

I'm hoping you can help me since well, this is your guys' job Standard smile

Message 70 of 190 (1,026 Views)