Re: Can't run the game anymore from Steam. Game now needs an activation key.

by WiganPTA

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

this takes too long and its friday...

Message 41 of 190 (1,068 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have a plan, but idk if its gonna work.

First get a refund from Epic Games so that you don't own the game anymore, then delete the Epic Games Store, after that Orgin. When thats done, open the game through Steam, Steam then will install Orgin and maybe, it will be not linked to Epic anymore?

I hope that makes sense and works, but I'm not sure if it;s worth a try because by deleting the Epic Games Store It will delete all the games I have and reinstalling them will take ages (GTA Fortnite Rocketleague and more)...

Message 42 of 190 (1,064 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I already uninstalled the Epic Launcher and it didn't work, but I won't request a refund to the Epic, it's my right. EA has to make it work for both a Launcher (Epic) and another (Steam), I'm paying for the EA Play on Steam and I want my game on Steam, and I have a Copy on Epic and I want my copy on Epic. That simple!!!

Message 43 of 190 (1,213 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

One idea I have seen is to uninstall both versions of the game and then install Steam version and try to start the game again on Steam and see if that helps.
Let me know if that helps. 

(Issue is being tracked by us)
/Atic 
Message 44 of 190 (1,201 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@GStrifeX Totaly agree with you man

and also thx for the info, now I wont delete Epic and GTA and will save a good 14 Hours of Download

Message 45 of 190 (1,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic Thanks for at least trying to help. But you see, the problem is I have not installed the game on epic, it automatically was assigned to the Steam game file and probably overwrote the Steam game Authentification code since it was another copy of the game

Message 46 of 190 (1,181 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Stan_Java That's is the problem, I won't delete games with more than 70GB of data because of an EA error. This is certainly a problem in linking EA / Epic / Steam accounts, it has nothing to do with the files on my computer. Promotions to attract customers are always good, but they must be done responsibly, they cannot harm customers who have already paid for services, this is a lack of attention from the EA team.

Message 47 of 190 (1,179 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have same problem. I own the deluxe version on Origin. Got the free version on epic and it found my Origin version without me installing it and all my DLC is dead now. They invent ways to mess things up. I have never had this trouble before with any other duplicates from Epic.

Message 48 of 190 (1,154 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@GStrifeX I wonder how is it possible that it's the first time this happens and that how the hell did nobody has thought about it before lol but, to be honest it's also not that common that someone buys the same game twice on one device
Message 49 of 190 (1,153 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

for F sake, actually why you guys get this game again on epic where you already own it on steam!!?? this is dumb

Message 50 of 190 (1,153 Views)