Re: Can't run the game anymore from Steam after linking Epic with Origin

by grynn

Original Post

Re: Steam game removed from libary after linking same game from Epic Games

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@TheGooseShot I can see my three versions of the game on Origin.com, but not in the Origin Client.
I tried uninstalling the Epic Games Client and reinstalled my Battlefront 2 via Steam, but when I launch it via Steam I still get the same error message.

Message 21 of 190 (2,517 Views)

★ Guide

Well we can't play through Steam until this is fixed. You can play Epic version if you want.

Message 22 of 190 (2,542 Views)

Re: Owned Battlefront 2 on Steam but claimed it on Epic Games.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same here. When I launch the game via Steam I get the unindentified game activation problem. And my Origin library also says I own the Epic version. I am able to launch my Steam installation both via Origin and Epic launcher though (without the need for Steam launcher). I wonder, is it even possible to own the same game bought on different platforms on the same Origin account? Or am I just lost in all the platforms, launchers I own? Standard smile EDIT: Now I can see both versions in my origin library via origin.com website.

Message 23 of 190 (2,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

We are looking into the issue if you own the game on Steam and then add it on EPIC. 

No new updates with me but we are still investigating the issue. 

Marking this as solved just to highlight that its being investigated.

/Atic 

Message 24 of 190 (2,901 Views)

Crash Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug When I try to play online game just crashes. I tried to change game modes to see the problem is in a game mode but no. Generaly when I try to play online modes game crashes. Does anyone know why?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? 2163281773982748
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 1/15/2021
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 1:24 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You could try to download this game via epic games store and the launch it. Go into online mode and try to play anything. Maybe this happens just because of my hardware but I am not sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? When bug occurs graphics don't load, game lags and then it shuts it self down.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Well I try to play online and game just crashes. Does anyone know why is this happening?

Message 25 of 190 (2,553 Views)

Re: Owned Battlefront 2 on Steam but claimed it on Epic Games.

★★★ Apprentice

Same here. I can only open the game through Epic, but when I open it up, all of the skins are gone. I also use sometimes some mods for character appearance, but it also is broke since I added it on Epic Games.

how can I delete it from Epic and Get it back on steam again?

Message 26 of 190 (2,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Glad I'm not the only one here with this problem.

Message 27 of 190 (2,625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
PlatformPC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug When I launch Battlefront 2 from steam I get an error message that pops up. It says i need an activation key.. I already had it on Steam and I have played it for many hours, however I got on Epic as well just to claim it, but now it needs a code.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? My EA name is Reversjet
How often does the bug occur? Every single time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 15/01/21
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 1:30 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Not in a gamemode, ut just while trying to open the game.
What is your time zone? CET (GMT +1)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time i try to launch the game i get an error message that tells me I need an Activation code for Origin.
What do you expect to see? I the game to launch, and I expect to be able to play the game.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

I own the game on both Steam and EpicGames, I got it on Steam first, however when I try to launch the game on either platform I get the same message asking for an activation code. I have both my Steam and EpicGames accounts linked to Origin. To my knowledge neither use activation codes anymore which means I'm not able to play the game. I have tried to find a way to get the code but nothing has worked as of yet.

Message 28 of 190 (2,621 Views)

Battlefront 2 Epic games error( Origin and Origin Beta can't run simultaneously)

★ Novice

So I got Battlefront 2 free on Epic Games but I can't install it. I have Origin and EA Beta app, both of them on my pc, and when I try to install it it shows me this error.

I closed both apps and 2 procceses running in background( 1 for each app) and it still shows this error.
So how do I solve this problem?
Thank you for every answer!

P.S: Now I see I can't open Origin, not from search bar or apps from windows button, but I can see it is installed from Comand Control)

Message 29 of 190 (2,537 Views)

Re: Can't run the game anymore from Steam. Game now needs an activation key.

★★ Novice
@xhole7 SAME EXACT ISSUE
Message 30 of 190 (2,600 Views)