Re: Can't restore game if connected to Google Play

by scottsimoleons

Original Post

Can't restore game if connected to Google Play

★★★★ Novice

A few days ago I tried playing my game on a new Samsung Tab A7, but I was not getting the pop up allowing me to restore my L60 game from the cloud. I remember having the same problem when I had to re-install the game on my Pixel 4XL about 14 months ago, and was only able to restore when i disconnected from my Google Games account in the TSM settings.

When the problem happened again this week I tried a number of combinations of connecting to EA, Facebook and Twitter after consulting others on Reddit and Discord, but I was getting up to L8 with no pop-up. Then I noticed that the game had automatically connected to my Google account by default when I installed it. When I disconnected from Google, I got the pop-up right away.

As a test I uninstalled and re-installed the game, then at the beginning of L2 I connected to my EA account, disconnected from my Google account, and I got the pop up. I don't think I ever would have got the pop up if I had stayed connected to Google. 

Is this a known problem, or should I report it to EA as a bug now that I've noticed the same problem on two different Android devices 14 months apart?

Message 1 of 3 (604 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@scottsimoleons When switching to a new device, have you created a new Google account or have you used the same account you had on your old device?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 3 (592 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I set up the new tablet, I used my old email address which automatically set up my Google Play and which was automatically connected when I opened up the game. 

Message 3 of 3 (563 Views)