Can't play online nhl 21

★★ Novice

Can't play online even after resetting my password

Message 1 of 14 (3,218 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't play online nhl 21

Community Manager

@doped1979 

That's your problem. Those are 2 different accounts on 2 different emails. Your PSN account is probably on one while your EA account is on another. You need to reset the password for the EA account your PSN ID is linked to. If you don't know the email for that account, I can't help with that over Answers HQ. You can try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (3,160 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @doped1979.

Can you give me some more details? What exactly is happening when you try to play online?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 14 (3,184 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I get told to reset my password, I've done this twice
Message 3 of 14 (3,181 Views)

★★ Novice

It says my login credentials might have expired. Good news all I need to do is reset my password. I've done this twice. 

Message 4 of 14 (3,180 Views)

Community Manager

@doped1979 

Are you sure you're changing the password for the right account? If you're changing the password for the account you're posting with, that looks to be the wrong one. To find the right email, load into NHL 20 and go to Settings > Online Settings > EA Account info. Then, go to www.origin.com and update the password for that same account.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 14 (3,176 Views)

★★ Novice

Made sure but noticed it says Dope_D88 as my active profile on the game and on my account it says Dope88D ?? But same email ?

Message 6 of 14 (3,166 Views)

★★ Novice

It says Dope88D is connected to my account but my psn is Dope_D88 the email associated with my psn and this account are the same.

Message 7 of 14 (3,164 Views)

Community Manager

@doped1979 

That's your problem. Those are 2 different accounts on 2 different emails. Your PSN account is probably on one while your EA account is on another. You need to reset the password for the EA account your PSN ID is linked to. If you don't know the email for that account, I can't help with that over Answers HQ. You can try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 14 (3,161 Views)

★★ Novice

My psn account is Dope_D88 email is [edit: email address removed] for my psn. My email [edit: email address removed] says I'm connected to Dope88D. There is no other email.

Message 9 of 14 (3,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@doped1979 

Do not post your email or any other personal account details publicly.

That said, you definitely have 2 different EA accounts and are updating the password for the wrong one. I'm looking at both accounts, but I can't help with this. Please contact an advisor and they'll assist.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 14 (3,153 Views)