Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't play for more than 20mins without the server shutting down

by Unholy_Muppet75

Original Post

Can't play for more than 20mins without the server shutting down

★★★★ Novice

Not a question, just a moan.

Whilst roaming around in Free Play I'm constantly (approx every 20mins or so) being kicked back to Tarsis with a message that says "EA Server Has Shutdown" requiring me to start again.  If I'm teamed with my wife she will sometimes get kicked out whilst I stay in Free Play.  When this happens her icon changes to tell me she has entered a dungeon.  She cannot rejoin me in Free Play, the only way to team up again is for me to quit out and restart.

As things stand this game is almost unplayable in Free Play due to the frequency that this happens.  We're lucky if we are able to find and complete an event in time before one of us (or both) get booted off the server, and after this has happened 4/5 times we will usually just give up and play something else.  We both enjoy this game but in its current state we are beginning to feel a little relunctant to play it as we feel it's a waste of our time when we can't enjoy it for any length of time.

Message 1 of 4 (103 Views)

Re: Can't play for more than 20mins without the server shutting down

★★ Guide

I can confirm that Freeplay is unstable since the last 1.1.0 update due to the server issues. Just today I had 5 crashes within one hour. These crashes lead to the loss of the sigils (consumables). As these crashes are out of control of the players we should be getting reimbursement for the loss of consumables. E.g. each epic consumable requires 5 epic embers to craft. 1 epic ember costs 2000 coin in the in-game store. I think it would be fair if players get 30000 coin for each crash caused by the server issue.

I know that this is never going to happen as coins are used to purchase cosmetics that are also available for the shards (purchased by the real money). So as an alternative solution I would suggest lowering the price for the embers in the in-game store to a very low values until the issues with server crashes are resolved.

Message 2 of 4 (95 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That all sounds good doesn't it but with EA's track record with Anthem, asking them to change any part of the game will mean them breaking numerous things just to change one thing.

They can't fix things that have been an issue since beta, instead they "try" to fix certain issues but end up breaking others. 

Message 3 of 4 (89 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can't see them offering to reimburse us for any losses incurred but I agree there should be some recompense as it happened last night before I had a chance to grab a legendary item and we all know how utterly scarce they are.  I'm more annoyed though at the frequency at which these server shutdowns happen.  I can appreciate the odd sever crashing, or the need to shut them down for maintenance, but this isn't either of those things.

Message 4 of 4 (61 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help