Re: Can't play firing range since the start of season 12.

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't play firing range since the start of season 12.

★★ Novice

I can play other modes without problem. Around 2 seconds after I spawn in the firing range tunnel, the game will kick me to the title screen with an error code: shoe. I've reinstalled the game multiple times on Steam but the problem still persists. Switching server also doesn't help.

Message 1 of 10 (928 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hmm okay, then something on the PC that dont want to play ball with APEX. @rogaldarn

Can you try a clean boot its to see if we can find any programs thats giving APEX an annoying time.

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (733 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @rogaldarn  have you tried our connective guide and see if that helps? 

Let us know what you tried.

/Atic 

Message 2 of 10 (867 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic thanks for the suggestion. I'm using a wired connection. I haven't talked to my ISP yet but there are no changes in speed and reliability of the internet connection. It's the same connection I've been using to play the previous seasons. The problem only occurs after the Season 12 update. I used to just ignore it since I can play other modes including the new Control LTM without problems, but now there's a Bangalore challenge in the firing range, I hope I can complete it before the challenge ends.
Message 3 of 10 (835 Views)

EA DICE Team

Do you have the 4g device at home you could use as a network device and see if you get the same network issues in game? @rogaldarn 

/Atic

Message 4 of 10 (776 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic yes, I have tried with two different 4g networks but the results are the same.
Message 5 of 10 (744 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hmm okay, then something on the PC that dont want to play ball with APEX. @rogaldarn

Can you try a clean boot its to see if we can find any programs thats giving APEX an annoying time.

/Atic 

Message 6 of 10 (734 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I did a clean boot according to the instruction. It didn't work at first, so I re-enabled everything back and restarted my pc. I can now get into the firing range without error but after exiting to lobby, I will get an error if I try to get into the firing range again.
After further tries, I found out that it only works if the firing range is the first mode I choose after launching the game. It won't work if I play trios or anything else first. And it only works on the first try. If I want to re-enter the firing range again, I need to restart my pc. Simply restarting the game will not work.
Message 7 of 10 (691 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team
By the sounds of it, its is a program that seems to be messing with APEX. @rogaldarn

/Atic
Message 8 of 10 (651 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic you're right. But I couldn't find out which program that is messing with Apex. So I just reset/format my PC. Everything's okay now. Thank you.
Message 9 of 10 (621 Views)

EA DICE Team
Easy way. :D Glad its working now! @rogaldarn

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (612 Views)