Can't play! Stuck on title screen ( press X )

by memezebra

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't play! Stuck on title screen ( press X )

★★★ Newbie

I am unable to get past the title screen of Auston Matthews with the ( press X ) flashing. I press X and nothing happens. My controller is fine because I use the X button in the playstation menu screens. I just installed the updates to the game last night, would the update be the issue?

Message 1 of 31 (22,386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't play! Stuck on title screen ( press X )

Community Manager

Hi there, @memezebra 

Do you have anything plugged into the USB ports on your console? If so, try unplugging them and try getting past this screen again. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 31 (22,379 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @memezebra 

Do you have anything plugged into the USB ports on your console? If so, try unplugging them and try getting past this screen again. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 31 (22,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had my controller charging chord in there, took it out and it worked. Thanks

Message 3 of 31 (22,370 Views)

Community Manager

@memezebra 

Great! You're very welcome. If you have any other issues, let us know. Good luck and have fun!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 31 (22,357 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Game wont start after the update. Stuck here and nothing in ports.

Message 5 of 31 (22,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is only a bandaid… I can’t be expected to unplug my peripherals to play each time.

please patch this

Message 6 of 31 (22,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello, @Jaqqernaught 

What does that message say?

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 31 (22,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem. NHL 22 is stuck on the title screen with Matthews and the prompt to “press X”, but nothing happens when I press X. I verified that the controller is working fine on another game and I’ve also unplugged everything from the USB ports on the PS4 but I’m still having the same problem. Any other suggestions? Thanks 

Edit: I’ve also tried turning the controller off and on, and deleting and re-installing NHL 22…still no luck solving the problem. 

Message 8 of 31 (21,973 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @DaleA28 

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 31 (21,961 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m experiencing this issue now. Is there anything else I can do. I have tried opening with nothing in the USB ports. I have hard cycled the equipment and I have reinstalled the game. Not able to get past the press x screen. I was able to play for a bit while it was downloading the first time 

Message 10 of 31 (21,439 Views)