Can’t play Apex in full screen

by sckrood

Original Post

Can’t play Apex in full screen

★★★ Newbie

I have a laptop with an i5-7300, 12GB ram, 1050 4GB and i cannot play Apex Legends in full screen. I used to be able to play it in full screen  but then i reinstalled my OS (Windows 10) on my SSD which deleted Apex and all other games. i reinstalled Apex and it won’t let me play full screen. When i launch Apex it’ll be in fullscreen but all i see is a black screen. i can hear the game and hear my cursor going over selectable tabs. When i press Alt+Enter it goes into windowed and then i can see. I would appreciate any help. 

Message 11 of 15 (1,168 Views)

Re: Can’t play Apex in full screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I found a fix, if you have a nvidia card just go to Nvidia Control Panel and then go to Adjust desktop size and position, set the scanling mode to full screen and use the GPU instead of your monitor for scaling, then mark the box Override the scaling mode set by games and programs. Then you should be good to go. =D

I think you can do this for AMD cards using their utility but i don't know how to do that.

Here this worked like a charm and i can play in fullscreen again.

Good luck for you guys i really hope that will help you all.

Message 12 of 15 (1,050 Views)

Re: Unable to play Apex in Fullscreen. Keeps exiting to windowed mode.

★★★★★ Newbie

THIS WORKED!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!

Message 13 of 15 (938 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have my taskbar at the top and what worked for me is disabling News and interests. 

Message 14 of 15 (634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! Worked instantly 

Message 15 of 15 (563 Views)