Can't play 60hz 4K SWBF2 after new update

by VVmixVV333

Original Post

Re: Can't play 60hz 4K SWBF2 after new update

★★★ Newbie

Exact same issue here, but was fine when I first played it (maybe on one occasion).

I have just bought the game a few days ago. Thereafter, whenever I played at 4k, 60 fpx, on DirectX 11, it gave me the stretched (200% horizontally) and green screen.

No problem at 1080p, nor with DirectX 12 (but I'd love to avoid using it as it introduces many hiccups and slowdowns).

Message 11 of 17 (519 Views)

[PC] - Fullscreen Restarts PC. Turning DX12 off makes game green in color.

★★★ Novice

I've been having so many issues on the technical side of SWBF2. I had previously posted a while ago a problem where 4k resolution wouldn't stick to 60fps and would constantly revert back to 30fps. I basically never got any sort of help or answer. I had to "fix" it myself by switching to Borderless Window. Now whenever I try to use Fullscreen, the game basically shuts off and my entire PC restarts. No game does this to my PC, except this one. And if I try to turn DX12 off, the entire game turns in to a deep green color. So many issues since the game launch, thank god I didn't pay full price. Nothing has been addressed, fixed, and no one tried to help on my first topic. Not surprising. Well, here I am once more hoping someone can give me some sort of help or answer. Even acknowledging this problem would at least give me something. My DxDiag is attached, as usual. Any response appreciated.

Message 12 of 17 (525 Views)

Re: [PC] - Fullscreen Restarts PC. Turning DX12 off makes game green in color.

★ Guide

If I got star wars from Origin I would of got my money back asap but like you I got it cheap from some were else so I can't Frown  . All I get is bad stuttering in game and cutscenes .

Message 13 of 17 (514 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hello everyone!

I'm taking a look in to this issue but first off I'm going to need some information from you guys.

Can you upload a Dxdiag to us so we can see what kind hardware you are having.

Also What Screens are you using?

Link on how to make a dxdiag: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

/Atic
Message 14 of 17 (499 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just like to add there has been another post reporting this issue. I also have a ticket with their support, but keeps getting closed and asked me to come to the knowledgebase..

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Battlefront-II-4K-green-screen/m-p/6689601#M14045

Seems like multiple people are affected?? more and more it seems like this is an EA problem, not ours!

Message 15 of 17 (464 Views)

★ Apprentice
Also, after posting this I just noticed Atic has posted. I have already sent a DXDIAG and they found no abnormalities.

I have a Philips - 42" 43PUT4900/12
60fps native 3840

Message 16 of 17 (463 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well I have the same issue too. Everything worked great til one of the updates. Anyone have a fix yet? One of my main reasons for buying this game is the killer graphics. I don’t get it. 1080p 120 hz works fine with my display. 4K 30 hz works, even with resolution upscaled (kinda interesting to see how the 1080 ti performs at pseudo 8k). Anyways I’ve stopped playing this and bf1 all together due to these performance issues but would love to dive back in. Please help!
Message 17 of 17 (430 Views)