Can't play 60hz 4K SWBF2 after new update

by VVmixVV333

Original Post

Can't play 60hz 4K SWBF2 after new update

★★★ Newbie
Whenever I switch to 60hz 4K the screen goes all stretched and has a green tint to it. 30hz works fine. When I switch to DX12 I can play it 60hz 4K but there is very bad performance issues with this.

PLEASE HELP I DONT WANT TO PLAY AT 30HZ Frown
Message 1 of 17 (2,622 Views)

Re: Can't play 60hz 4K SWBF2 after new update

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@VVmixVV333 I do not play at 4K, but often the resolution scale can change when changing different resolutions. Make sure that the resolution scale isn't going beyond what your monitor is and it *should* help. Sometimes it changes itself, though thats the only advice I've got other than repairing the game files via Origin --> My Games --> right click SWBF2 --> select Repair Game

Message 2 of 17 (2,583 Views)

★★★ Novice

NO. Resolution scale is not problem here.

We have already 1 topic about it https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Problems-with-new-Star-wars-battlefront-2-patch/m-p/64497...

Please join us there.

Message 3 of 17 (2,577 Views)

Battlefront 2 2160p @60hz Bug

★ Novice
As soon as I set the game to 4k at 60hz, the game turns green and stretches past the display, so I can only see half of it. Everything was fine before the recent update, but now it is basically unplayable at these settings. Is there any fix?
Message 4 of 17 (2,575 Views)

screen flashing green when in fullscreen mode

★★★ Newbie

My gameplay is green. changing resolution or swapping from borderless window to bordered window fixes the problem

https://youtu.be/4ko4Rp2LlJ4

Message 5 of 17 (2,569 Views)

Re: screen flashing green when in fullscreen mode

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same issue but in my case it is zoomed in to the top right quarter of the screen, all green in color. This only happens with Direct X 12 enabled, in Fullscreen mode. It is not feasable to use borderless or windowed modes as I need the fullscreen optimization to maintain 50+ fps at 4k. Playing on a GTX 1060.

Message 6 of 17 (2,536 Views)

Re: Battlefront 2 2160p @60hz Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

i was playing perfectly fine in 4k at 60hz with directx 11 ( not 12 because it stutters), i had vsync on and everything was totally awesome.

then yesterday afternoon i put it on and everything went green just like your picture, ive tried every trick in the book to correct this.

I have stripped my pc and tested every part of it to make sure i had no issues with my hardware.

my hardware 

i7 7700k with thermal grizzly paste set to stock 4.2 - 4.5ghz boost

msi z270 xpower titanium mb

2 x 16gb (32gb) sticks of corsair dominator 3000mhz

samsung ssd

kfa2 galax hof 1080 ti limited edition 8 pack

rm1000x corsair power supply

nzxt kraken x62 

dark base pro 900 case with nzxt & be quiet fans in sync

i have stress tested everything, every part is perfect !!

this has happened since the update.

my machine even reboots when i keep trying to run the game and i get the green screen... then it goes black when i change from borderless to full screen, however when i pause the game or press escape for the options menu ... it goes fine in the options screen ... then when i resume the game ... green screen again.

its just a mess 

all i wanted to do is choose Fullscreen, 4k resolution, scale at 100%, vsnyc on, direct x11 on, 60hz,  set everything to ultra and play the game.

Message 7 of 17 (2,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@miskolor0wy If the issue is not resolution scale, then you did not need to link a resolution scale thread. As it does not help the OP in any way whatsoever. Currently it seems to be EA's fault as many others have the 'green' issue.

Message 8 of 17 (2,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

What are you talking about !!! I can post what I want were I want to. [Edited by EA_Mai: please, always be respectful] Its nothing to do with TV or monitors or resolution scales. I was playing the game perfectly and then the next day after an update the game started with the green business and not being able to choose full screen and other issues. If I feel the need to post my issue here in this area of the whole forum then I shall do so. I suggest you be quiet and stick to your 1080p. No go away.

Message 9 of 17 (2,478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ph111hud0 The OP has yet to reply to any posts. The point of this thread to suggest solutions and fixes. You should bump the OP's post and contact EA to start your own case. As I stated, since it occurred after an update, it is an issue originating from EA's end, most likely a bug in their coding.

Message 10 of 17 (2,458 Views)