Can't look around in-game at all

by Aristo4081

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't look around in-game at all

★ Apprentice

Before zero hour, my game was working fine, but now I can't look around in any direction, almost like my mouse isn't even connected. The mouse works fine in the pause menu and the plus system. I can still ads, shoot my gun and do most other things, I just can't look around whether on foot or in a vehicle.

Things I've done:
-Repairing game
-Deleting PROFSAVE and PROFSAVE_profile in Documents>Battlefield 2042>settings and restarting the game
-Turning off AMD's in-game overlay and instant replay.
-Switching to different mouse

Message 1 of 17 (7,970 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't look around in-game at all

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

The teams are aware of this issue and are looking into it:

Setting Mouse Raw Input to "Off" Disables In-Game Mouse Movement - PC - AWARE 02/08 @ 8:00 UTC

• If the Mouse Raw Input option is turned Off, the mouse will become unavailable for use in-game. Please ensure to turning this setting On until we've resolved this in a future game update.

Many thanks for all the reports.

*Temporarily marking this as Resolved to make it more visible to other players.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 14 of 17 (12,813 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Its like my mouse is unbound ingame. Menues and rotating the players vehciles are all working while in menues and customizing but while trying to play the only way to look around is with arrow keys o_0. 

I can turn raw input ON and I will be able to look aaround but its like my DPI is 10000000000000000 and its impossible to use.

Message 2 of 17 (7,904 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @l-Snowblind-l, @Aristo4081, do you have any joystick or hotas connected to the PC?

/Atic
Message 3 of 17 (7,857 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You probably have a controller thats messing with it (try restarting PC with controller not connected to it)

Message 4 of 17 (7,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Whoops, forgot i posted this. Found a fix. It ended up being the mouse raw input option. For some reason when its off my mouse couldnt move. Switching it to on also doesn't fix the problem either but resetting to default on the mouse settings screen does. Not a big deal but i do prefer playing with the option off. Would appreciate a fix soon.

Message 5 of 17 (7,806 Views)

Mouse stops working when disabling raw mouse input

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Like the title says if I set the raw mouse input to off, the mouse completely stops working in all directions, but this just happens in game, not in the menus for some reason. Is this a problem on my end or can someone confirm the same on their PC? I tried deleting the whole settings file but it didn't help. 

Message 6 of 17 (7,897 Views)

Re: Mouse stops working when disabling raw mouse input

★ Novice

Bump

Message 7 of 17 (7,842 Views)

Re: Mouse stops working when disabling raw mouse input

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Stankia,

This is not a one-to-one customer service forum, this is a forum mainly meant for players who are helping other players. Therefore, giving a bump to a thread a few hours after you've created the thread isn't really necessary. For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.

Regarding the issue that you're experiencing; no, turning off Raw Mouse Input should not completely break your in-game mouse input.

Have you tried to perform a repair of the game?

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 8 of 17 (7,813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Aticsorry for the slow response. Answer to your question. No, I have no other controllers/peripherals plugged just M/KB.

I stated the RAW MOUSE input option in my first reply. So the issue is STILL there and this solution found is not really a solution but if you like playing at 100000000000 DPI Have at it Standard smile

Message 9 of 17 (7,768 Views)

★ Novice

Still the same issue even after the latest update. 

Message 10 of 17 (7,656 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help