Re: Can’t login to my ea on squadrons steam edition

by malanar6

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t login to my ea on squadrons steam edition

★★★ Newbie

Can’t login to my ea account on steam edition as I can’t use my mouse when the tab opens as it’s still registering in game, have tried using keyboard arrows but got to the point when it asks me to verify account and I need to click on one of the options. All this means I can’t play the game online! 

Message 1 of 10 (15,707 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I can't use the mouse to select any options. It selects text instead of clicking things. It is ignored by the little origin window. Doesn't help to unplug controller.

I fixed it by disabling the steam overlay. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (15,522 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

As far as I can tell there's no way to actually provide an EA username/password to Squadrons. Is it just assuming my steam account and ea account are the same thing? How about you give us a way to log in!

Message 2 of 10 (15,690 Views)

EA DICE Team
@richardrb-5504 do you have any peripherals connected to the PC or overlays?

/Atic
Message 3 of 10 (15,603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I can't use the mouse to select any options. It selects text instead of clicking things. It is ignored by the little origin window. Doesn't help to unplug controller.

I fixed it by disabling the steam overlay. 

Message 4 of 10 (15,523 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@richardrb-5504 You need to change video settings to Windowed mode and restart the game. Login will be accessible after that.
Message 5 of 10 (15,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am still having the same issue i got through the login page but I'm stuck not able to hit the "Next" button. EA why you got to do us like this? just trying to play the game I paid for but can't because you make me log in on some popup window that is always messed up.

Message 6 of 10 (13,437 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@malanar6 You are a legend. Crazy that this login screen, first ever screen, is bugged the f out. Anyways, this windowed trick helped me.
Message 7 of 10 (12,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did not help for me... still can't see the origin loginscreen.. any other suggestions? disabele steam overlay does not help for me either...

its about time they fix this bug;

Message 8 of 10 (6,987 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Star Wars: Squadrons, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 9 of 10 (6,852 Views)

★★ Novice

2 ans SANS REPONSES technique valable !!! vous vous moquez de nous !!!

Message 10 of 10 (444 Views)