Can't log in to any of the servers

by Grinhauzguy

Original Post

Can't log in to any of the servers

★★★ Newbie

I tried to play the game but I can't log to any of the servers. it's not a problem with my network (I am writing this right now don't I?).

It seems that the problem is only with swtor servers because i can play other online games.

i tried to re reset my router and even add ports from the help center and yet i get the same unable to log in to the server window.

dose it has to do with the new patch? because I am a subber for 2 years or more ( fro the 1st patch of the hutt cartel).

dose any 1 else have this problem? 

Message 1 of 5 (2,924 Views)

Re: Can't log in to any of the servers

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes I cannot begin to count the amount of real money I have spent on the game only to have it fail to work when I really want to play. I am able to navigate the log in screen and when I click the "Play" button to complete the log in. I simply get returned to my windows desktop and SWTOR isn't even running in the back ground. I have tried every possible solution I can find and am beyond frazzled trying to figure out why it won't log in all the way.

Message 2 of 5 (2,871 Views)

Community Manager

@Grinhauzguy wrote:

I tried to play the game but I can't log to any of the servers. it's not a problem with my network (I am writing this right now don't I?).

It seems that the problem is only with swtor servers because i can play other online games.

i tried to re reset my router and even add ports from the help center and yet i get the same unable to log in to the server window.

dose it has to do with the new patch? because I am a subber for 2 years or more ( fro the 1st patch of the hutt cartel).

dose any 1 else have this problem? 

@Grinhauzguy Hi,

First off, close down any unnecessary applications that may be running in the background. You can check the Applications Tab and Processes Tab in the Task Manager to see what programs are currently running and close them from there.

Please go through the Network Troubleshooting Steps listed under VI. in the Launcher Troubleshooting Guide next and report back whether your issue persists afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 5 (2,844 Views)

Community Manager

@jroyka wrote:

Yes I cannot begin to count the amount of real money I have spent on the game only to have it fail to work when I really want to play. I am able to navigate the log in screen and when I click the "Play" button to complete the log in. I simply get returned to my windows desktop and SWTOR isn't even running in the back ground. I have tried every possible solution I can find and am beyond frazzled trying to figure out why it won't log in all the way.

@jroyka Hi,

First off, please also close down any unnecessary applications that may be running in the background. You can check the Applications Tab and Processes Tab in the Task Manager to see what programs are currently running and close them from there.

Next check that your internet security settings (anti-virus, firewall) aren't blocking the swtor.exe file. You may want to remove and re-add add them to your 'safelist' as highlighted here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-Launcher-Troubleshooting/td-p/4805820#6

If that still does not work, try looking at your reliability monitor following the steps below:

1. Press Win+R to open the run box
2. Type perfmon /rel to open the reliability monitor.

This opens a window where you can click on the error's visually shown (white X in red circle) to find the latest one related to swtor.exe or launcher.exe. Click show details and then paste the info that is listed in there in here.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 5 (2,843 Views)

★★★ Novice

When you opened the game - did it install the new 8GB patch? 

some of my guild members had the same problem, they opened the game and got right to play (no patch download) but couldn't log in.

only after using the repair option the launcher started to download the patch for them.

Message 5 of 5 (2,823 Views)