Can't log in to account.

by Ryshal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't log in to account.

★★★★★ Newbie

I haven't played for a long time. I can't log in at all. I have my display name, access to my email. I've tried to reset the password, and it says an error occurred. I had to create an EA account because it'd been so long, and it shows my game, but the EA password won't work, either. Password reset on SWTOR site just says an error occurred, also.

I have a physical security key. If I leave it blank, it tells me it requires the field, and if I use the key, it just says "An error occurred." They have a help article for removing a malfunctioning key, but you have to log in to do it, and my account refuses to let me log in. What am I supposed to do?

Message 1 of 7 (896 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't log in to account.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I should note, the help article states to leave the key code blank and you can select that you've lost it. However, it does not. It just throws an error about it being blank or says an error has occurred. For some reason the help article at the top of the page is apparently out of date and no longer valid, but still up there.

Nevermind. I see the community solutions is just a cop out and most of the answers are "Call."

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (880 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I should note, the help article states to leave the key code blank and you can select that you've lost it. However, it does not. It just throws an error about it being blank or says an error has occurred. For some reason the help article at the top of the page is apparently out of date and no longer valid, but still up there.

Nevermind. I see the community solutions is just a cop out and most of the answers are "Call."

Message 2 of 7 (881 Views)

@Ryshal 

there is noting wrong with the removal instructions, just tested it and took a screen grab, it works fine for me

key code.PNG

if you leave the security key blank and you get an error it means the password is wrong

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 7 (867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Nah. I still have my old account information written down. It also says when you create an EA account to link to it, the EA account password becomes the new SWTOR password, and that also fails. And when I try to reset the password, it says the security field MUST be filled in, and when it is, "An error has occurred." If I have the email, passwords, security key, and display name, and it won't work, it's a system error on their side, not something I'm doing incorrectly.

Edit: And instead of having an easy email or chat option, they make a community forum where most things still require a call, and make a game out of it with badges and points to get people working for them for free.

Message 4 of 7 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Ryshal Exactly the same thing there.
Message 5 of 7 (823 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same issue here

Message 6 of 7 (812 Views)

@JediGuineaPig  @Leogann 

If you have removed the security key app on your phone or it is broken and these removal steps dont help then you will need to call swtor cs to get sorted

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 7 of 7 (758 Views)