Can’t log in on Xbox Series S

by tua41956

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t log in on Xbox Series S

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I’m trying to post here because the replies I’m getting to the EA Help ticketing system aren’t explaining anything or telling me what I have to do to fix my problem. 

I’ve had an EA account since 2013. I’ve had it linked to Xbox One and PS4 (probably 360/PS3, too) and now I’m trying to play NHL22 on my new Xbox Series S. When I start the game, it tells me to reset my password. I’ve done that several times and it just keeps saying it, so now I’m down to scouring the web for what’s going on. 

Others have had this problem and it seems to deal with an account being deleted/unlinked/banned or something along those lines. Looking at my EA account, I can see my Playstation username under Connections but that’s it; there’s nothing for Xbox. I’m not typing in my EA username when starting a game on Xbox, though, it just knows who I am based on my Gamertag (so I know my account is still somehow linked in there). In my EA Help ticket, I asked them what needs to be done to unlink to fix this and they just keep saying the account is inactive and I should try to recover it? I’ve only ever had one EA account and it’s the one I’m posting on now. Was my account banned/deleted or something and they’re not allowed to tell us this? 

I don’t really care about linking the accounts, any old data is old and I don’t need things tracked. The issue, though, is that there’s no ‘New Account’ button on another of these EA games on the Xbox. It knows my Gamertag is logged in so it’s automatically trying to link to EA and, for whatever reason is causing the issue above, it won’t do that. 

I apparently can’t repair whatever happened to the Xbox-EA link from back when I used an Xbox One but I also can’t make a new account? What do I have to do to get past this? Support hasn’t provided me with any concrete steps to fix this, they just keep telling me that they don’t know what they have to do to fix this. 

I’m fine with making a new EA account but I’m not making a new Xbox account. (A) I have 15 years worth of achievements and Beer I’m getting billed for game pass out of this account. Can one of the community account managers make a recommendation here? Very much appreciated, thanks. 

Message 1 of 4 (2,078 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t log in on Xbox Series S

Community Manager

Hi there, @tua41956 

This definitely is a frustrating experience. I've seen it happen many times. Unfortunately, it's not one we can help with over Answers HQ. You'll need to speak to an advisor again so they can investigate this for you. To do that, try messaging @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,070 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @tua41956 

This definitely is a frustrating experience. I've seen it happen many times. Unfortunately, it's not one we can help with over Answers HQ. You'll need to speak to an advisor again so they can investigate this for you. To do that, try messaging @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 4 (2,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Aljo , 

Thanks for responding. In your experience, do you have an idea of what happened here? I think my opportunity for a positive resolution may rest on my ability to properly explain the problem to them. Support seems to not know and either tells me to reset my password again or recover my account (which I’m currently logged into) so I genuinely don’t know what I’m supposed to do to fix it. 

Do I ask them to just disassociate the Xbox account from the EA one? There’s no Ban History and there’s no reason I should have ever been banned but would that be part of the issue? Is there no way to just prompt an EA login screen when signing into a game so I actually have the chance to make a new account? 

There seems to be no action for me to take to fix this on my own and the support people don’t seem overly inclined so I’m just not sure what I need to tell them/ask them to be able to have them identify whatever the underlying problem is here. 

If it’s that my Xbox account is still tied to my EA account but is blocked/banned/deleted/whatever, couldn’t they just delete the Microsoft email off of my EA account and it would prompt me to pick a new one? Thanks for your time.

Message 3 of 4 (2,057 Views)

Community Manager

@tua41956 

I see an advisor responded to your latest message. Unfortunately, we really can't help with this issue through Answers HQ. As long as support can verify you own the account, they should be able to take care of this for you.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 4 (2,019 Views)