Re: Can't link account to facebook

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't link account to facebook

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Can't close the cookie pop-up and can't scroll down to click ok.

Tnx.

Message 1 of 6 (2,464 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @madao5412

Thanks for getting back with that. These are available steps for and Android device: "Android troubleshooting for EA Mobile Games". I'll share some below. It may take a bit of time to go through each. I'd suggest double checking if the issue remains after completing one, in case that did the trick for you. 

Here are the steps:

• Try restarting the FB app and then phone
  • Clearing your app’s cache and data can help fix some issues. Here are steps to clear the cache and data — look under step 2.
  • Check for Android updates. Usually you’ll find the option somewhere in your device’s Settings menu: Settings > System updates or Settings > About phone > System updates. You might see other options, such as “About device,” “Software updates,” or “Download updates.”. If you’re not sure how to check your device for updates, check out the Android Help Center.

• Check for app updates: Open the Google Play Store app. Tap the menu icon in the upper-left. Tap My apps & games. Tap any app that says UPDATE. and then tap the UPDATE button. Keep in mind some apps require a Wi-Fi connection to update like SWGOH can sometimes require.
  • Reauthorize your Google Account by downloading a new app from the Google Play Store. in case there could be a problem with your Apple ID authorization.
  • Check the Time and date: If these are out of sync with your actual location, they’ll throw off your phone and may cause issues. They’ll need to be corrected. 

• If you’re using a VPN, disable it, then reload or reinstall your app. 

• If the time and date don’t match your actual time zone, update it and see if everything starts working as normal.

Before trying the next step, please ensure your your account is linked up/backed-up. 

If you’re playing anonymously — not logged in to either an EA Account, Facebook, or Game Center — you can lose your game data if you uninstall and reinstall your app. Learn more about linking accounts and how important it is, so you don’t lose your progress. Then for SWGOH, jot down your Player Id + Ally Code and make sure to back up your game account before uninstalling or reinstalling your game. For FB, not the email and password so you can log back in again after.

If the cookie pop-up and scrolling issues still persists, try uninstalling the FB and SWGOH apps from your device and installing them again. 

1. Touch and hold the app you want to remove.
  2. Drag the app to the Remove or Uninstall option at the top of the screen.
  3. Open the Google Play Store.
  4. Search for the app and reinstall it.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,404 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @madao5412,

Are you still stuck with that pop-up? If you share the device type, we can recommend some troubleshooting steps for you.

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 6 (2,423 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi.

I have a samsung j3 2016.

Android 5.1.1

Thank you.

Message 3 of 6 (2,417 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @madao5412

Thanks for getting back with that. These are available steps for and Android device: "Android troubleshooting for EA Mobile Games". I'll share some below. It may take a bit of time to go through each. I'd suggest double checking if the issue remains after completing one, in case that did the trick for you. 

Here are the steps:

• Try restarting the FB app and then phone
  • Clearing your app’s cache and data can help fix some issues. Here are steps to clear the cache and data — look under step 2.
  • Check for Android updates. Usually you’ll find the option somewhere in your device’s Settings menu: Settings > System updates or Settings > About phone > System updates. You might see other options, such as “About device,” “Software updates,” or “Download updates.”. If you’re not sure how to check your device for updates, check out the Android Help Center.

• Check for app updates: Open the Google Play Store app. Tap the menu icon in the upper-left. Tap My apps & games. Tap any app that says UPDATE. and then tap the UPDATE button. Keep in mind some apps require a Wi-Fi connection to update like SWGOH can sometimes require.
  • Reauthorize your Google Account by downloading a new app from the Google Play Store. in case there could be a problem with your Apple ID authorization.
  • Check the Time and date: If these are out of sync with your actual location, they’ll throw off your phone and may cause issues. They’ll need to be corrected. 

• If you’re using a VPN, disable it, then reload or reinstall your app. 

• If the time and date don’t match your actual time zone, update it and see if everything starts working as normal.

Before trying the next step, please ensure your your account is linked up/backed-up. 

If you’re playing anonymously — not logged in to either an EA Account, Facebook, or Game Center — you can lose your game data if you uninstall and reinstall your app. Learn more about linking accounts and how important it is, so you don’t lose your progress. Then for SWGOH, jot down your Player Id + Ally Code and make sure to back up your game account before uninstalling or reinstalling your game. For FB, not the email and password so you can log back in again after.

If the cookie pop-up and scrolling issues still persists, try uninstalling the FB and SWGOH apps from your device and installing them again. 

1. Touch and hold the app you want to remove.
  2. Drag the app to the Remove or Uninstall option at the top of the screen.
  3. Open the Google Play Store.
  4. Search for the app and reinstall it.

- EA_Lanna

Message 4 of 6 (2,405 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey i’m having problems with linking my facebook account, i try to link and it keeps saying ‘Allow Tracking’ but it doesn’t appear in settings

i have an iphone 11 running IOS 14.5, i have tried uninstalling the game multiple times and reset my phone, I even contacted support to see if they could help and they couldn’t.

Do you have any help or suggestions that could help?

Message 5 of 6 (2,191 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @SepticWarfFist,

I've shared a number of troubleshooting steps above including clearing cache and checking for updates that may help. Could you read through my post and ensure you've tried the available steps please?

- EA_Lanna

Message 6 of 6 (2,158 Views)