Re: Can't host a party

by givememore86

Original Post

Can't host a party

★★★★ Novice

Hi.

I'm at level 23 and I have 2 sims. I haven’t been able to host a party yet. I read somewhere that in order to unlock parties I would need to throw a birthday party or do a party tutorial or something like that, and as I understand it this usually happens after choosing a new trait. Both of my sims have four traits already. I never had the option to do a party tutorial or anything like that. When I click "Host Weekly Party" all the options are grayed out, the Birthday Party says "*sim's name* hasn't chosen a new trait this week" and the other themes say "Must host a Birthday Party first".

How do I fix this? What do I need to do? I tried unlocking a third sim, but when I click on the "unlock $175" nothing happens. I have enough cash to do it, but I don't know why I can't click it.

Please help! Frown

Message 1 of 4 (1,494 Views)

★★★ Pro

Honestly I don't know what happened, but did you actually play through the tutorial? Because with the tutorial they make you do a birthday party. I know that's part of the tutorial because I had to do that part two times because I lost my account once. I'm not sure what you did to skip the tutorial, but I have a feeling that since you missed that part of the tutorial the game is not recognizing that you actually done the initial required birthday party. That might be your problem. 🤔

Message 2 of 4 (1,485 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@givememore86 Thank you so much for replying. I actually haven't done the tutorial. I've never even had the option to do it. I only read about it in these forums. Never threw a birthday party or any kind of party for that matter. I just kept playing and progressing in the game with my 2 sims without really thinking about parties. I stupidly thought the game would tell me when I've reached a level that allows me to start hosting parties, but that never happened, and so I started looking it up online and found out about this tutorial thing. Frown
Message 3 of 4 (1,481 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Maryam_NH hopefully a guru will see this post, and tell you how to finish the tutorial. because you have to get to the birthday party part of the tutorial. It has to be in your game somewhere. But I really don't know how to do that. I'm thinking you might need to put this in the bug report part and also customer service and fill out a ticket. Hopefully someone at EA will be able to help you. Good luck 😃

Message 4 of 4 (1,455 Views)