Can't go online on BF1

by Unstoppable_Deda

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't go online on BF1

★★★★ Novice

It was a week ago that I encountered with this problem and since then I can't play multiplayer option. I don't know what to do, I've tried all of the connection toubleshooting and still got nothing. I was playing perfectly fine a week ago and now I don't have access at all. (I really tried hard to not open a thread on this broad topic but I had to do since I couldn't solve it at all) 

Thanks in advance,

Message 1 of 30 (75,898 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't go online on BF1

Hero

headline.jpg

This guide is meant to help you either solve your problem or create a proper thread explaining your problem so people have a chance helping you.

Connection Problems can be caused by roughly three things:

1. You - your hardware, your software, your settings, those you live with or just plain you
  2. The Middleman - your internet service provider (ISP), the parts of the internet between you and EA
  3. EA - EA's software, hardware, human error, DDOS attacks, lack of available bandwidth etc.

Hardware always eventually breaks, software can always get corrupted, so everything will eventually go down at some point.

Now lets get to it!

h2you.jpg  

Before blaming everybody else, make sure you have tried to see if you are the problem. While you check if you are the problem make sure to list down all the things you have checked and how you have checked as this will make it 1000 times easier for others to help you should you need help.

Things you should always try before doing anything else:

• Log out, restart, log back in.
  • Power off and remove the power cord from all your networking equipment and the system you are gaming on and wait 5 minutes. It doesn't matter that all other games and software work fine, an error can easily affect only 1 game or application while the rest still works.
  • Check EA's websites and communication channels for service messages - http://help.ea.com and EA's Twitter accounts are a good place to start. Also check if others have reported similar issues in forums before posting there.
  • Be patient. Most connection problems are temporary. Do the power off step mentioned above and go get a drink and see if things are fine before posting anything.

Things you should always mention if you create a post/thread about your issue:

• Your platform (PC, PS4, XB1 etc.)
  • Detailed list of what and how you have tried to solve the issue, including the things mentioned in the "Things you should always try before doing anything else" section above
  • Details about your network setup (cable/wifi? speeds? routers? etc.)
  • Have it worked before? When did it stop working? Did you do something before it stopped working?
  • Are you having trouble with anything else that could be connected?
  • Is anything/anyone else using the internet while this happens?

h3middleman.jpg

Issues here are hard to fix but they normally fix themselves. If you are a more advanced computer user and want to help fixing the issue faster consider adding trace-routes to your posts about connection issues, how to do this can be seen here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/ping-traceroute-and-uo-trace/

h4ea.jpg

If EA is having issues and you have checked that YOU aren't the problem there's a few things you can do to help expedite the issue:

• Mention your country and ISP
  • Help rule out you as the problem by providing the information requested in 1. You + 2. The Middleman
  • Don't make duplicate posts, do you see a post about the same issue use the "me too button" and post in that thread.

/ Thanks for reading this guide by Carbonic, feel free to PM me about improvements to the guide (not about connection problems) Wink

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 30 (75,659 Views)

All Replies

Hero

headline.jpg

This guide is meant to help you either solve your problem or create a proper thread explaining your problem so people have a chance helping you.

Connection Problems can be caused by roughly three things:

1. You - your hardware, your software, your settings, those you live with or just plain you
  2. The Middleman - your internet service provider (ISP), the parts of the internet between you and EA
  3. EA - EA's software, hardware, human error, DDOS attacks, lack of available bandwidth etc.

Hardware always eventually breaks, software can always get corrupted, so everything will eventually go down at some point.

Now lets get to it!

h2you.jpg  

Before blaming everybody else, make sure you have tried to see if you are the problem. While you check if you are the problem make sure to list down all the things you have checked and how you have checked as this will make it 1000 times easier for others to help you should you need help.

Things you should always try before doing anything else:

• Log out, restart, log back in.
  • Power off and remove the power cord from all your networking equipment and the system you are gaming on and wait 5 minutes. It doesn't matter that all other games and software work fine, an error can easily affect only 1 game or application while the rest still works.
  • Check EA's websites and communication channels for service messages - http://help.ea.com and EA's Twitter accounts are a good place to start. Also check if others have reported similar issues in forums before posting there.
  • Be patient. Most connection problems are temporary. Do the power off step mentioned above and go get a drink and see if things are fine before posting anything.

Things you should always mention if you create a post/thread about your issue:

• Your platform (PC, PS4, XB1 etc.)
  • Detailed list of what and how you have tried to solve the issue, including the things mentioned in the "Things you should always try before doing anything else" section above
  • Details about your network setup (cable/wifi? speeds? routers? etc.)
  • Have it worked before? When did it stop working? Did you do something before it stopped working?
  • Are you having trouble with anything else that could be connected?
  • Is anything/anyone else using the internet while this happens?

h3middleman.jpg

Issues here are hard to fix but they normally fix themselves. If you are a more advanced computer user and want to help fixing the issue faster consider adding trace-routes to your posts about connection issues, how to do this can be seen here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/ping-traceroute-and-uo-trace/

h4ea.jpg

If EA is having issues and you have checked that YOU aren't the problem there's a few things you can do to help expedite the issue:

• Mention your country and ISP
  • Help rule out you as the problem by providing the information requested in 1. You + 2. The Middleman
  • Don't make duplicate posts, do you see a post about the same issue use the "me too button" and post in that thread.

/ Thanks for reading this guide by Carbonic, feel free to PM me about improvements to the guide (not about connection problems) Wink

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 30 (75,660 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Id say it's a server problem because so many people have the same problem
Message 3 of 30 (75,609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, I don't think so. I've literally tried everything according to the guide I even did a system recovery back in when I could PLAY the game but didn't work. Today I wanted to give it a shot to try my origin account,  which had the BF1, on my friend's PC to conclude whether it's due to my own system or, somehow, directly to my account. (couldn't really test this before since my only game on origin is BF1) Well after I tried for several times it kept giving the same error which says TO GO ONLINE but no matter how many times I pressed it, it just wouldn't go online. Then we tried to log in with my friends account thinking it might've been the servers all along however he could play without any problem. So it would be MARVELOUS if an EA guy could tell me if I'm banned, if so why?.. 

Message 4 of 30 (75,549 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have exactly the same problem right now!!! Did you get any solution? If so can you please tell me... All the troubleshooting suggestions don't work and I need a real solution to this problem!

Message 5 of 30 (74,082 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you find any solution?I'm having this problem today.

Message 6 of 30 (72,325 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone!

Letting us know your platform can help us provide you with better answers. Meanwhile, can you check this article here on the most common connection problems for the possible solution and let us know how it goes. 

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 7 of 30 (72,113 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hey my bf1 on my ps4 wont go online. It just says an update is needed but gives me no option to update and says to check the ea website. I jave pa plus and havent played the game in probably a month or so. Im deffinitly not banned seeing as i dont do anything sketchy on the game. Not sure what to do other than turning the ps4 off and on?
Message 8 of 30 (70,208 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Hey @burningherbs420,

Sorry to hear about this issue.

Have you tried doing a Power Cycle on your Router (unplugging everything for a few minutes) and plugging it back in?

I would recommend doing this on your Console as well.

If this doesn't work, I would suggest doing a clean uninstall/reinstall of Battlefield 1 if possible.

Keep us posted.

Thanks Standard smile

★★★★★ Newbie
I think it may have been a glitch involving the fact my storage was too full for the update and it just never gave me the option. I restarted then cleared space restarted again and the update file began downloading right away. All resolvedStandard smile thank you
Message 10 of 30 (70,155 Views)