Can’t get past the sign in screen

by captainkyle460

Original Post

Can’t get past the sign in screen

★★ Novice

Can’t get onto apex at all today, and I know it’s just me. Yesterday it was working fine. But today I went to play as usual but I couldn’t get past the initial menu. It won’t connect to any data center apparently. It just says (Downloading... 0) I would press A to sign in. It would do nothing when I pressed it or, it would register and would do the loading circle to a few mins then stop. At first I thought it was a problem with my Xbox, but every game and feature works fine besides apex. I tried uninstalling, restarting the Xbox. Switching DNS. All my friends are on apex just fine.

Message 1 of 11 (1,915 Views)

Data center stuck trying to download?

★★ Novice

Can’t get onto apex at all, and I know it’s just me.  it was working fine two days ago. But today I went to play as usual but I couldn’t get past the initial menu. It won’t connect to any data center apparently. It just says (Downloading... 0) I would press A to sign in. It would do nothing when I pressed it or, it would register and would do the loading circle to a few mins then stop. At first I thought it was a problem with my Xbox, but every game and feature works fine besides apex. I tried uninstalling, restarting the Xbox. Switching DNS. All my friends are on apex just fine.

Message 2 of 11 (1,816 Views)

Apex Data center downloading problem

★★★ Newbie

Can’t get onto Apex at all today, and I know it’s just me. Yesterday it was working fine. But today I went to play as usual but I couldn’t get past the initial menu (title screen). It won’t connect to any data center apparently. It just says (Downloading... 0) I would press A to sign in and do nothing. When I pressed A, it registers with loading circle to a few mins then stops. At first I thought it was a problem with my Xbox, but every game and feature works fine besides Apex. I tried uninstalling, restarting the Xbox. What can I do to fix this problem....

Message 3 of 11 (1,815 Views)

Re: Can’t get past the sign in screen

Community Manager

Hi there, @captainkyle460.

Let's see if clearing the alternate MAC address will help with this. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to your Xbox One Settings (Just press Start, then click Settings)
  • Go to "Network", then "Advanced Network Settings"
  • Click on "Alternate MAC Address", and then click "Clear"

Your console will restart. Try playing again and let me know if you still have the same problem or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 11 (1,832 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo @Nothing seemed to change unfortunately, still says data center downloading... 0.

Message 5 of 11 (1,821 Views)

Hey @captainkyle460 

Have you already tried to power cycle your router?

• unplug your router.
  • Wait for at least 30 seconds - 1 minute.
  • Plug everything back in.
  • Wait till it has rebooted.

Can you let me know if that changed anything?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 6 of 11 (1,808 Views)

Won't load in data center, Apex Legends

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I am on ps4 pro and my apex legends wont load in the data centers when i try to connect to the best one for my ping, tried reinstalling it but doesnt work. It just says that all servers have -1 ping, sometimes i can get a server but its just a random one like Singapour or in US while i myself am in Europe. Do you guys think it is a problem with my internet provider/IP adress?

Thanks  

Message 7 of 11 (1,799 Views)

Re: Apex Data center downloading problem

Community Manager

Hey @Tra20032

Are you still running into that same error when you're trying to play? If so give this a shot for me. Open up your Xbox Settings, then go to Network Settings. From there go to Advanced Options and select Alternate MAC Address Clear. The Xbox will restart after that. See if you're able to connect afterward. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 11 (1,767 Views)

★★ Novice

@Zeelmaekers @I did it and nothing changed. Still at Data center: Downloading... 0. I looked around at some posts and forum threads and some people who usually had this problem solved it by switching DNS servers, but most of them were from PC, it didn’t work for some people though and no such luck for me. Even found a thread where a guy had this same thing back in Season 2 and he had it for almost TWO months. He even still had it when Season 3 came around. So I don’t know what to do at this point, guess I’m gonna miss the Christmas Event skins over something I couldn’t control. This is the only game I play usually and it’s the only one that I’m having problems with. So I feel like it’s a problem with the game and not me or maybe it is, I don’t know. I’ve just been on Titanfall to pass the time. I hope someone on here has another idea to try because I don’t think it will go away by itself. The way they fixed this on PC that worked for a lot of people is that they switched their DNS to Googles free DNS 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 and then switched their IPv6 address to googles also. I forgot what it was. The problem is, I can’t switch my IPv6 on Xbox Iike they can on PC. But I wouldn’t need to because I also found people on Xbox that had the same problem, and all they needed to do was switch their DNS to what I said before 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4. But that didn’t work for me so yeah.  I’m stuck

Message 9 of 11 (1,723 Views)

★★★ Novice
@captainkyle460 It’s not just you, I’ve got your problem too. If you check downdetector.com it says that 50% of the problems today are sign in related... I think we’re just going to have to sit through this one...
Message 10 of 11 (1,631 Views)