Can't get past the lobby screen

by ParmesanSeekerrr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't get past the lobby screen

★★★ Newbie

Basic problem is that I can get to the lobby screen and stay for a few seconds, but then I get the depicted message and am forced to leave the game. I already tried updating it, using the fix button, and uninstalling and reinstalling. It was working fine last night and I can't find anything amiss with my account. Screen name is ParmesanSeekerrr.

Message 1 of 4 (1,066 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't get past the lobby screen

Community Manager

Hey @ParmesanSeekerrr

Can you try something for me when you've got the chance? 

Follow the filepath in that error message and you should be able to locate the specific .pak file it mentions. Delete that file, then repair Apex Legends in Origin. If you right-click on the game in the Origin Library you'll see a Repair option when the menu comes up. 

Let me know if that helps at all. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,005 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @ParmesanSeekerrr

Can you try something for me when you've got the chance? 

Follow the filepath in that error message and you should be able to locate the specific .pak file it mentions. Delete that file, then repair Apex Legends in Origin. If you right-click on the game in the Origin Library you'll see a Repair option when the menu comes up. 

Let me know if that helps at all. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank You for the fast response! I followed the path in the files and deleted what I needed, and then repaired. I was able to get online and play a game. 

Thanks!

-Parm

Message 3 of 4 (982 Views)

Community Manager

@ParmesanSeekerrr 

Nice! Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know it helped. I'm glad to hear it's working for you now. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (958 Views)